Home

Why does Madden keep changing?

This is a discussion on Why does Madden keep changing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Why does Madden keep changing?

To anyone reading this, the title may be a bit misleading considering what I have to say. I really would love to know why the dev's keep omitting and adding stuff into Madden.

Prime example: the create-your-own TD celebration in Madden 09. I LOVED that feature of the game. Why couldn't they keep that in for 10,11 etc and just add more stuff? Was there a TON of bad feedback about it?

Another example: the last-gen superstar mode. You had your own crib you could chill in! There was the calendar, the mirror, and all that other stuff. I spent 90% of my time in Superstar because of that feature.

One more example I can think of right now: the Madden 08 Weapons system. Why couldn't they keep that as well?

Could you imagine the game we'd have if JUST those 3 features were kept, then added onto?

I hope I don't come off as bashing EA, I was just wondering why the change?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Why does Madden keep changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportzGuru
To anyone reading this, the title may be a bit misleading considering what I have to say. I really would love to know why the dev's keep omitting and adding stuff into Madden.

Prime example: the create-your-own TD celebration in Madden 09. I LOVED that feature of the game. Why couldn't they keep that in for 10,11 etc and just add more stuff? Was there a TON of bad feedback about it?

Another example: the last-gen superstar mode. You had your own crib you could chill in! There was the calendar, the mirror, and all that other stuff. I spent 90% of my time in Superstar because of that feature.

One more example I can think of right now: the Madden 08 Weapons system. Why couldn't they keep that as well?

Could you imagine the game we'd have if JUST those 3 features were kept, then added onto?

I"ve been asking this for years...apparently it comes down to:'

1. memory space
2. popularity of a feature
3. difficulty in "re-adding" that feature
4. need for "new features" and maybe some can't coexist for memory issues or some other issue.
5. Different people working on the chise every year or 2.

Not definitive..but My opinion and info I've picked up from the boards

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I"ve been asking this for years...apparently it comes down to:'

1. memory space
2. popularity of a feature
3. difficulty in "re-adding" that feature
4. need for "new features" and maybe some can't coexist for memory issues or some other issue.
5. Different people working on the chise every year or 2.

Not definitive..but My opinion and info I've picked up from the boards
It's just so confusing why they did that..

Has any of the dev's said any of those things^^^?
Old 07-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

The first one wasn't necessarily create-your-own TD celebration. Not sure why it was removed (especially considering FIFA and NHL have user-controlled celebrations now), but I know people didn't like the glowing blue boxes on the field that told you where to go to do a celebration.

The superstar mode thing was really just a menu design. It's not like you could walk around the house or anything. It was a nice little touch, but not something that's needed. Also, that was from last gen. A lot of things were changed when they moved to the new systems, including menus, so I'm guessing that's why.

As for weapons, they were useless. They added nothing except icons to determine who had a high throw power rating or high spectacular catch rating. What they have this year with player roles and DPP is much, much better.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

It is likely due to the fact that the key members of the staff seem to change every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
The first one wasn't necessarily create-your-own TD celebration. Not sure why it was removed (especially considering FIFA and NHL have user-controlled celebrations now), but I know people didn't like the glowing blue boxes on the field that told you where to go to do a celebration.

The superstar mode thing was really just a menu design. It's not like you could walk around the house or anything. It was a nice little touch, but not something that's needed. Also, that was from last gen. A lot of things were changed when they moved to the new systems, including menus, so I'm guessing that's why.

As for weapons, they were useless. They added nothing except icons to determine who had a high throw power rating or high spectacular catch rating. What they have this year with player roles and DPP is much, much better.
Now that I think of it, your right. It just seems their changing it a bit too much, why not settle down with what they have, then build on it? Now their gonna take out gameflow (not a bad decision, but still its an omission).
Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
It is likely due to the fact that the key members of the staff seem to change every year.
Good point, didn't think of that
Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Now that I think of it, your right. It just seems their changing it a bit too much, why not settle down with what they have, then build on it? Now their gonna take out gameflow (not a bad decision, but still its an omission).
They didn't take out GameFlow. It's still in the game and they improved it this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »