Home

IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #73
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
See, where I disagree here is that things shouldn't get to the point to where they are this hot button issue. They wait until something is completely outdated and broken before they do anything to address it. Yes, taking feedback from the fans is great and I support it fully. However, you should also be the innovators if you are the developers. You should know what is cool and what is in need of fixing and addressing. It takes WAY too long to get basic football elements into the game. The other developers don't seem to have this same problem. So next year will be 2012 and are they going to tell us that they now have a new penalty system? A new challenge system? A working online franchise? Whoever makes the decisions for Madden should be fired... twice. It's awful. All of the features that you have in your game need to be improved EVERY year. Some won't have to if you do them right, obviously. The kind of thing that lost me as a Madden fan was this very thing. They never build on anything. They start over and they usually do it wrong and break tons of other things. Build a legitimate foundation and expand on it. How about being the first sports game to offer something. Everything is always copied from FIFA or one of the other franchises. It's really been sad for a long while. This year, the things they have added to franchise mode are cool, but will they build on this? Next year we should get a single franchise mode that online and offline players can enjoy equally. Does that mean we'll get an excuse as to why no new elements were added or enhanced for franchise mode? It's like they can't distribute the work properly there.
You make a good point here...I can't argue with much of this.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

Madden is EAsports flagship title and it doesn't act like it. Madden should be the game that is innovating but it's doing anything but. The fact custom playbooks are in the game this year is absurd. It was in Madden 99 or 2000 and they took it out. Yay it's back........

The gameplay is ok. It's Madden, but it doesn't do anything that says to me wow that's really cool. It's the same game I've been playing for years. It's more like oh they put that back in this year. It took them an entire gen to put the stuff back in they took out at the end of last gen.

It's the same formula every gen. I bet they have this scripted somewhere but they would never say it.

The game is good. It captures the NFL pretty good. But the gameplay itself isn't that great. I play NBA 2k11 and that game is so far ahead on so many levels and even that game isn't that great. That's the ridiculous part.

Madden is a business. They have a product that they keep marketing, repackaging and rehashing. They've accumulated enough money where they've bought everyone else out of the business where they can just sit on it and do their thing and role out their business plan of the same thing over and over. It's enough to drive the consumer insane and rightfully so.

The gamer is left powerless in ways. I'd love to go out there and create a football game that is 100 times better. It can be done. But in the real world and how business is set up it really isn't. EA basically has bought everything out and guard dogged themselves so that can't happen.

Last edited by Celtic34; 07-12-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #75
Banned

My opinion is gamers should stop spending their time feeding the monster and posting on forums giving them ideas that are your own and stop buying their games. But people are too stuck in the mud to do it.

Have you ever asked yourself why you spend all your time caring about a football game that is wronging you? Where EA reaps all the rewards.

I don't even really post on these forums any more. It's a total waste of time. Why give EA all these great ideas, so they can milk it year after year?

They are playing off the fact you have nothing better to do. It's an addiction in ways. Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. EA has this market sewn up where there aren't other options and I know it's more difficult than it sounds if you just love video games and football.

Last edited by Celtic34; 07-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic34
Madden is EAsports flagship title and it doesn't act like it.
Not true, FIFA is the flagship title. It sells more worldwide than Madden does.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #77
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not true, FIFA is the flagship title. It sells more worldwide than Madden does.
Not worth correcting. He's already painting the broad stroke of "Have you ever asked yourself why you spend all your time caring about a football game that is wronging you?"

Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #78
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Madden doesn't wrong me anymore than Tecmo Super Bowl did. It's a video game. Video games have flaws and quirks. Yeah sure, there are things that will drive me nuts (see signature), but that's true for games I dearly adore. It's what happens when we're passionate. I love football, I love gaming, I love playing football games. If I have a chance to make that football game better, I'd take that opportunity.

It isn't always us vs EA. It can also be EA Suits vs EA devs. I've been in that type of situation, I know how that feels. If you think Josh Looman is sitting in his office, maniacally laughing about Madden's sales, you're way off the mark.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #79
Banned

Jhawk513's Arena

the guy that did this article is a mizzou alum so anything this moron says EVERYBODY CAN DISCOUNT IT and throw it out the window mizzou fans and alums dont have any clue what their talking about...... ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »