Home

Bears vs Packers

This is a discussion on Bears vs Packers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Bears vs Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden
I don't see improved coverage. The slants and drag routes that were way too money in M11 are still there. Throwing to the middle should be harder because defenses are keyed in on that, protecting that area of the field the most, seeing as the QBs eyes naturally look downfield (the middle) and where safeties and LBs are all generally facing the QB and reading his eyes.
I'm convinced the AI will still be terrible on All-Pro.. I believe that game was played on All-Pro.. On All-Madden it won't be easy to exploit the AI..
Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Here we go, Gus on Madden could be amazing if implemented correctly.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-08-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Good finds. I am a big fan of Gus Johnson, but honestly even though his high-energy plays are what people remember, I think his regular broadcasting is what makes him so good.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Gus is one of the best in the business, thank God they invested in a new commentary engine this year and we should begin seeing the benefits of that starting next year and the following years. The problem is the tech engine they have had for commentary not Gus.
I don't care what tech they apply - if it isn't done correctly it'll fail. I see people make this "new technology will fix Madden's [insert issue here]" argument every year (Pro-tak, Locomotion, etc.). It's about talent, vision, how these guys are directed, and how the feature is implemented. The year Collinsworth was introduced, he was a breath of fresh air and people viewed him mostly as a positive - especially next to Tom Hammonds. But the issue wasn't Hammonds, who's mostly good in real life. Then the very next year Collinsworth was mostly viewed as a detriment to the commentary. Imo it's how they were directed and how that direction was applied to the game.

I remember when EA got the ESPN exclusivity license and almost everyone assumed it meant EA games would have great presentation. They never came close to implementing it in the way 2K did last generation and it's mostly been a disappointment. While presentation in the 2K games continued to improve/push the envelope w/o the ESPN license. Don't think the issues with presentation/commentary in the game all can be blamed on technology, nor will it all be solved by technology. Looking at this year's game, they've actually implemented cutscenes far better than I would've thought they could've ever done. I think realtime is where most sports games are going, but for Madden it's a significant improvement. It's not because they implemented new techology; they had people working on it that had the necessary talent to implement their vision

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't care what tech they apply - if it isn't done correctly it'll fail. I see people make this "new technology will fix Madden's [insert issue here]" argument every year (Pro-tak, Locomotion, etc.). It's about talent, vision, how these guys are directed, and how the feature is implemented. The year Collinsworth was introduced, he was a breath of fresh air and people viewed him mostly as a positive - especially next to Tom Hammonds. But the issue wasn't Hammonds, who's mostly good in real life. Then the very next year Collinsworth was mostly viewed as a detriment to the commentary. Imo it's how they were directed and how that direction was applied to the game.

I remember when EA got the ESPN exclusivity license and almost everyone assumed it meant EA games would have great presentation. They never came close to implementing it in the way 2K did last generation and it's mostly been a disappointment. While presentation in the 2K games continued to improve/push the envelope w/o the ESPN license. Don't think the issues with presentation/commentary in the game all can be blamed on technology, nor will it all be solved by technology. Looking at this year's game, they've actually implemented cutscenes far better than I would've thought they could've ever done. I think realtime is where most sports games are going, but for Madden it's a significant improvement. It's not because they implemented new techology; they had people working on it that had the necessary talent to implement their vision
So with that being said, they still will have those same people with the vision for cutscenes and team entrances, for commentary next year with the new commentary engine right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Here's 9 minutes of Gus in a real NFL game, this is where I hope Madden could get close to.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #23
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I have to agree that if they can make Gus sound like the above videos which is more natural then I would be very happy with Madden's commentary. Nice job jpdavis82!!! You won me over!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #24
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I have to agree that if they can make Gus sound like the above videos which is more natural then I would be very happy with Madden's commentary. Nice job jpdavis82!!! You won me over!!!
Thanks, I've just always liked Gus' commentating in real nfl games and felt like the problem was Madden's implementation of Gus not Gus himself. Plus I think most people have only ever heard him yelling and screaming not actually doing real play by play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »