Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Mini Blog - Online Franchise Update

Can we get an answer on why EA said it's easy to add things to OF server, yet now are saying it's so difficult??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
As someone who's either owned or played every Madden since 1992 and never even played Online Franchise or NCAA's Online Dynasty, and with all the improvements made in Gameplay and Offline Franchise I don't understand this statement.
I enjoyed M11, and I appreciate the gameplay improvements of this year's iteration. But being a primarily online franchise guy, the lack of any improvements to online franchise to M11 really affected how much I was actually playing. I found myself playing more NCAA because the online dynasty, since I could play out a season with my brother and some friends. I tried to play some M11, because I enjoyed it, but ended up only completing half a season in offline franchise. If I can only get that much play out of a game, it doesn't warrant a $60 purchase.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden
Many have made very good points in those recent posts in criticism of EA, and they're justified/valid points. Another point is -- EA deciding to just delegate (fob off) what they should've/could've done to LM instead, EA wanting to fry other fish, couldn't be bothered.

The silver lining is LM, them getting exclusive access etc, and the features LM will be adding to make it all 'pop' even more. And I duly applauded/acknowledged that.
I really don't see it as pushing it off on Derek, I see it more as they realized they did not have time to get it this cycle and recognized all the hours and hard work Derek has put in and it may have made it easier for them knowing that the fans would be able to use his site. If they didn't care then they wouldn't have provided him with the access to the extras that you will see this year.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Until Online Franchise overtakes offline franchise in terms of most played, that doesn't hold water when discussing Madden.
Online Franchise will never overtake offline franchise as long as the mode sucks.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #69
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Can we get an answer on why EA said it's easy to add things to OF server, yet now are saying it's so difficult??
I think they were wanting to competely overhaul OF or something close to that based on what JDewiel said at the beginning of this thread.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I really don't see it as pushing it off on Derek, I see it more as they realized they did not have time to get it this cycle and recognized all the hours and hard work Derek has put in and it may have made it easier for them knowing that the fans would be able to use his site. If they didn't care then they wouldn't have provided him with the access to the extras that you will see this year.
But.......how is that possible? How is it possible that 1 guy as a hobby has more time to develop a thorough web interface than a massive development staff that is run by a gigantic organization? You cant convince me that the EA Sports division of EA cannot spare a handful of web developers to do the same work that 1 fan is doing. Even if their sports division was so strapped for spare bodies/web devs, they could have easily pulled some from another division of EA. And in the remote chance they couldnt do that, they could have outsourced the web dev work to a contract company for 30-60 days. Hell, I work for a sub 300 person software development company, and when we have deadlines we can find spare bodies from other groups to temp help or we bring in a contractor temporarily to help us get pieces knocked out in time for a deadline.

The Madden team saying "We didnt have time to build a site like LeagueManager" is complete BS as far as Im concerned. No way a company that large could not get a website updated and equal to the value of LeagueManager fairly quickly.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I just hope they cover Dereks expenses server wise so online franchisers wont have to pay more for features you would think EA should have in by now. I dont see anywhere in his blog about charging for LM which is good. But I hope he is compenated somehow for his work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Unbelievable.

Three years have passed now, and they haven't even made a single touch-up to what should be the best mode the game has to offer.
Totally disagree, offline is still the most important mode in Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »