Home

No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll)

This is a discussion on No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will You Buy Madden Used Instead of New this Year?
Yes, online franchise was completely neglected! 46 13.81%
Yes, but for other reasons. 26 7.81%
No, online franchise isn't that important to me. 230 69.07%
Maybe. 31 9.31%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Why do people make these polls. You know the majority of the people in the Madden threads are going to buy Madden no matter what they fail to improve. The fact of the matter is most people will buy every year for simple roster updates and EA knows it.

These polls should stop.
This.

I will be buying Madden 12 even though I am very disappointed that they did not touch online franchise and firmly believe that if MUT did not make them a lot of cash they would have improved it. In my opinion, MUT competes with online franchise (my close group of friends resorted to MUT last year because the online franchise was so poor).

Why will I buy it? Even if it is only marginally better than Madden 11, it is the only NFL option. I have been playing NFL video games since Tecmo Super Bowl and football video games since Atari. Every year I buy Madden and enjoy it although I bitch about the problems they should have addressed years before.

Congratulations EA on maintaining your NFL exclusive license - it alone continues to earn you my $60.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
Well there you go. This poll just shows how overrated online gaming in Madden is. Not only do we not care about it but the numbers ea presented some time ago show that most people don't even bother trying the online modes. Thank god they finally realized this fact and turned their attention to offline franchise.
I have a problem when people say things like this. Reason a lot of people don't use this mode is b/c it's a terrible carbon copy of an actual Franchise like offline mode. If NCAA Dynasty was like Madden franchise mode, most people wouldn't use it either. Also, just b/c you don't use something, please don't knock it just like me and others don't knock offline franchise mode.

I believe there will come a day where offline franchise mode will become extinct and it will be all about online. It's more of a real life experience with playing 32 different people as oppose to being in a franchise mode with like 5-10 people where you either have to play against the cpu or have one of your friends take over for the CPU teams which their style will remain the same, unlike playing a unique different player for different teams. Also, I doubt if EA can eva make the A.I. smart and challenging enough. I can play the CPU now on All-Madden and there is always a way to attack them offensively or defensively that will make it a non-challenge on the CPU's part. Nothing is like facing another human controlled team that is alive like you are that can be innovative and adapt on the fly like you can.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
I believe there will come a day where offline franchise mode will become extinct
...and that will be the day I and many other people stop buying Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #76
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
...and that will be the day I and many other people stop buying Madden.
You're missing the point, which is that online would be gone as well, and it would simply be franchise mode with online options.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 1

Looks like online isn't as important as some of these guys THOUGHT it was
I for one am glad the results are showing this, the Madden guys need to keep their focus on GAME PLAY! And I hope this SHOWS THEM what the Majority want.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Really dont understand the hype about offline franchise. The CPU is way to easy to enjoy the game offline. Only the trash players could find it fun to play the repetitive offline franchise where every team for the most part plays alike and throws dumb passes and runs a ton of blitzes that get burnt. Its not even fun to sim games because the CPUs GM logic is moronic. The only way to play a solid franchise is to do it online where every team is user controlled.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #79
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronrodgers012
Really dont understand the hype about offline franchise. The CPU is way to easy to enjoy the game offline. Only the trash players could find it fun to play the repetitive offline franchise where every team for the most part plays alike and throws dumb passes and runs a ton of blitzes that get burnt. Its not even fun to sim games because the CPUs GM logic is moronic. The only way to play a solid franchise is to do it online where every team is user controlled.
Dismissing those who enjoy offline franchise as 'trash players' is probably about as accurate as saying everyone who plays online nano blitzes, rocket catches and quits when they're down by 10 so obviously they should just get rid of the option entirely.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronrodgers012
Ever heard of sliders? And if DPP and traits work as they should, teams won't all play alike this year at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »