Home

No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll)

This is a discussion on No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will You Buy Madden Used Instead of New this Year?
Yes, online franchise was completely neglected! 46 13.81%
Yes, but for other reasons. 26 7.81%
No, online franchise isn't that important to me. 230 69.07%
Maybe. 31 9.31%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
Hardcore Madden gamers may play online for the strategy of facing human opponents, but they are in the minority compared to the casual gamers who simply just want to play with friends, regardless of their strategy and play style.

And while Im not denying the popularity of online gaming, ONLINE FRANCHISES is a different beast, because they are too time consuming, they require you two stick to a schedule of game. Quick play I get because its a one time game that counts only to your overall online record, and you can play that anytime you want.

Most people who dont revolve their lives around their XBoxs and PS3's are usually unable to stick with online franchise because of those very reasons. (and before anyone misconstrues this...what Im saying is that unless you have time to sit around all day to wait for someone who may not show up at a certain time, these things dont work out well in alot of cases)

OFFLINE franchise allows you to play at your own pace and when you want. Thats a MAJOR luxury. Its not the type of experience a well orchastrated ONLINE franchise offers, but considering most ONLINE franchises dont make it beyond a year, if they even make it that far due to people losing interest and dropping out due to time issues.
I am not disagreeing with your points here, but this last part is simply an opinion. How can you quantify what MOST online franchises are like? It seems a lot of people like to generalize on here based on their own likes and dislikes. Now me, for example, I am not into playing against the cpu. I like online leagues. However, I completely see the merit in playing single player games. It's easy for people to say things like, "most online franchises don't last", "it's too time consuming", etc. etc. That's actually not true. It's just true in YOUR particular case. It's too time consuming for YOU. I run a league and my life does not revolve around my xbox. I hardly play much at all, but it's like any other commitment you make in your life with your time, it requires an effort. Either you want to make time for it or you don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I am not disagreeing with your points here, but this last part is simply an opinion. How can you quantify what MOST online franchises are like? It seems a lot of people like to generalize on here based on their own likes and dislikes. Now me, for example, I am not into playing against the cpu. I like online leagues. However, I completely see the merit in playing single player games. It's easy for people to say things like, "most online franchises don't last", "it's too time consuming", etc. etc. That's actually not true. It's just true in YOUR particular case. It's too time consuming for YOU. I run a league and my life does not revolve around my xbox. I hardly play much at all, but it's like any other commitment you make in your life with your time, it requires an effort. Either you want to make time for it or you don't.
I think EA said that their statistics show around 85% of online franchises don't last more than a year. I can't find a link now though, so either I'm imagining things or it was in a tweet by Ian or something.

I agree with your post otherwise.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #163
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
I think EA said that their statistics show around 85% of online franchises don't last more than a year. I can't find a link now though, so either I'm imagining things or it was in a tweet by Ian or something.

I agree with your post otherwise.
Again though those stats are BS.
When they added OF thy said they just threw it in at last minute and it was barebones but tgey knew we wanted it. Then they dont toich it because they said it was the least used mode. Well it was the least used bexause it sucked at the current state. If they add it for next year im fine though as i love what they did to offline. I just hope enough people do use it after it gets updated.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #164
Banned

OVR: 9

Who cares about online franchise? Its suddenly a make or break now?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #165
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
Wow, nothing like a sensible, well thought out, intelligent post to incur discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #166
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
People do care. Just look at NCAA 12. There a ton of people already playing in OD's. Also, it seems that some people here can't tell the difference or don't know that there's a difference between the Madden tourney crowd/"online play now guys" and OF guys. They aren't one in the same.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #167
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Wow, nothing like a sensible, well thought out, intelligent post to incur discussion.
Just dividing the camps, again. No need for that at all.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 0

hello everyone my first post so be kind. I voted for Im buying it anyway and dont care for OF. Im a very new player and found this site because Im trying to improve my skills learn how to play better.
I started out playing madden 11 and really enjoyed the game offline in franchise and wandered into online and got spanked alot.
Its not a big deal but what really kills me about online is the people who quit all the time if I score first and the people that just kill me leading 50-0 and still going for it on 4th down.
I've played some really great games that I have been mauled in but at least the guy gives me some kinda kudo's if I actually stop him on a big 3rd down and punts. I mean I already know you can kick my butt your up by 40+

All that being said I would love to get into an online league but I would probably be like an earlier poster had mentioned and just be the guy everyone beats and that makes me mostly an offline player.
Nobody wants me because my skills are raw making the game boring.
So my choices are either dont buy the game because online play is unenjoyable to me or buy it and play the cpu while trying a few online play now games to test if my skills are going up at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »