Home

Awareness for K/P?

This is a discussion on Awareness for K/P? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Awareness for K/P?

I can only assume that a kicker's awareness is his clutch, does anyone know for sure? And if so, then what would that do for a punter? Why would it be weighted so high at all for a punter? It cant be punts inside 20, thats accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Rookie

warren123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Awareness for K/P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSfan093
I can only assume that a kicker's awareness is his clutch, does anyone know for sure? And if so, then what would that do for a punter? Why would it be weighted so high at all for a punter? It cant be punts inside 20, thats accuracy.
Doubt it does anything, when they edit the awareness it helps make the over higher or lower so I'd imagine it's just to get players at certain overall as a lot of stats wouldn't affect the K/P ovr like kpw/kac then I guess awr.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Yeah it's ridiculous how you sometimes have 50 overall K/P who actually got decent 80ish kicking ratings, that simply shouldn't happen IMHO.

If there is such a thing as "clutch" for punters (and I don't think there is in Madden) it should come into play with something like punting out of your own end zone, when you don't have as much room as with your usual punt.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

His clutch is his clutch. That is, he has the same trait that others do.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

Well it definately doesnt matter much if at all for punters so idk why its weighted for overall. Overall is just a number to keep ppl from crying about a guys overall for any position, even if his indivual stats suit him...anyway, awareness has to mean something, even if its little for a kicker, or why would any kicker have any awareness. So the only thing it could be is clutch, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

Question Re: Awareness for K/P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
His clutch is his clutch. That is, he has the same trait that others do.
I dont understand what you mean? Are you saying like every kicker will have the same clutch? Or are you saying the only kickers that will be clutch will have a clutch kicker trait in madden 12?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »