Home

Madden 12 Video from IGN Packers vs Bears Safety

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Video from IGN Packers vs Bears Safety within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #25
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 12 Video from IGN Packers vs Bears Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRudy21
exactly my point wouldnt it be cheaper to have actors???? well if space is an issue than i guess it probably wont happen next year ethier. But im fine with that as long it gets fixed and, not just get spoon fed stuff every year about how they dont have time.
If they can get it even close to what we saw in the dpp trailer I would be happy.

One day though I want it to be like this.... (Gus)Green Bay is facing a 3rd and one here, trying to convert their first 3rd down of the day. Rodgers lines up in the shotgun, 4 wide receiver set with Grant in the backfield, and here's the snap Rodgers back to pass, looks deep, Jennings is open, Rodgers fires it deep, Jennings makes the catch and I don't think they're going to catch him, Jennings at the 40, the 30, the 20, the 10, and Jennings takes it all the way to the house Touchdown PACKERS. Greg Jennings with his first catch of the day and he makes it count for six. (Cris) Yeah Gus the Packers caught the Bears secondary napping there and boy did they make them pay for it and if the Bears don't cover Jennings better than that it's going to be a long day for this Bears defense. (Gus) Absolutely, you've gotta do something to slow this Packers passing attack and that wasn't it. (Gus) So Crosby comes out for the extra point, the kick is up and it's good. So the Packers are on the scoreboard first and it's 7-0 Green Bay with a little over 3 minutes to go here in the first. So now the always dangerous Devin Hester gets ready to return this kick and the Packers Special Team's are faced with the decision every special teams has to face, do they kick to him or try to kick away from him. What would you do in this situation Cris? Well Gus, it's a tough decision and that's the reason Devin Hester is such a nightmare for coaching staffs across the league. If you kick it to him, he has the talent to take one to the house every time and if you kick away from him it could go out of bounds and you give up forty yards that way so you're darn'd if you do darn'd if you don't so to speak. (Gus) Well Cris the Packers are set to Kickoff so let's see what decision they made this time....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #26
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

When I played NFL 2K5 back in 2004, I would record a game or a Super Bowl every so often. So I pulled out that DVD specifically to compare Madden's commentary to 2K.

The biggest difference I noticed is not just things like banter, but simple things like the calling of names. The play by play guy would ALWAYS say the player's name in reference to what he's doing.

For example, if a tight end moves in motion, in Madden, they might not saying anything at all. In 2K, they'll say "Winslow in motion."

In Madden, if a guy throws the ball, they are always referred to as "He."

"He drops back!" "He makes the catch." "He's dragged down."

2K is personal. "Cutler drops back." "Benson takes the hand off! He's dragged down by Lewis!"

On top of that, the commentators pay attention to what's going on. If you run for 15 yards and your RB is having a good day, they'll literally say (not just with a stat banner) how many times he's carried the ball and how many yards he's gained.

"Tomlinson is having a great day out there. So far he's rushed 17 times for 80 yards."

I remember in previous 2K games, they would tell you how many years a guy has played in the league. Or tell you what college he went to. I remember I had a rookie RB take a carry, and the play by play guy said, "A nine yard gain by the rookie out of Boston College." And as he got older, the game would alter the commentary to say how many years in the league he has.

Obviously, 2K had crisper commentary. There was never any dead space. The play by play guy called every single play and the color guy never missed an opportunity to add his input. But on top of all of that, the commentary featured alert announcers, and they personalized the action with the names of the players on the field.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 07-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

All that sounds like something you would see on a sunday broadcast, which is good but doesnt translate to the game world. I think its the matter of timing with the lines, because all of that would have to be said before the button was pressed which is what i really think the problem is.

Im really starting to like the idea of trying to fix it, too bad im too lazy to try and get a job working at Tiburon lol
Old 07-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #28
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah I've always thought that not using the names during plays was the main issue, and that's why I liked what they did for commentary in the dpp trailer, that would work in game and it sounds realistic.

I wonder if they were actually about to talk about the safety after that video cuts out, if that's the case all they have to do is make it so Gus will interrupt Cris in that scenario before the final build is made and I think that would just be a matter of editing it correctly and not a major issue. I like what they are trying to do with the banter and stuff they just need to get it edited properly and then start using the players names instead of just saying "he" all the time.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #29
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

OVR: 5

The bullrush from Peppers was completely unrealistic.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

What happened to the fumble pile? Did they remove it?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 16

At least there was no dead space in commentary in this video. If they cut that out this year, I will be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #32
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
What happened to the fumble pile? Did they remove it?
If you're talking about "Fight For The Fumble", yes, it's gone for '12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »