Home

So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NCAA12

This is a discussion on So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NCAA12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #33
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Post patch graphics problem? What is it? just curious because I didn't play the game before the patch. Graphics look great to me. I'm on 360 btw and also I haven't had any freezing issues or lack of atmosphere with the crowd.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-freezing.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...very-loud.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ter-patch.html

The freezing issue may be the worst for me.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NC

I also haven't experienced any super LBs or DEs, I played at Auburn last night with Arkansas on Heisman and lost 24-21, threw for almost 300 yards, 3tds, 2ints and was sacked twice by OLBs, I had 3 sacks myself, 2 with DE's and 1 with a DT.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #35
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
As nice as NCAA is this year it still will not top Madden....Never has and never will in terms of gameplay and presentation
this is arguable. there's always been something about the way NCAA plays that makes me prefer it over Madden every yr. Madden's controls just seem too sluggish to me, and last yr, the visuals AND gameplay just seemed so much smoother than Madden. Madden better step up and show some HUGE improvements this year. at least last yr, you could tell a big difference between NCAA 10 and 11. for me, i think it's the lack of innovation and change in Madden that i've grown to dislike the past couple years. im hoping they make big leaps in this yrs version.

Last edited by NDIrish98; 07-14-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #36
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I am doing the same thing. I said to myself, I won't buy another EA football series, and I did it again. Just love football too much to give it up!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #37
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

I actually thought the gameplay in Madden last year was a step down from the year before. I had both games last year, and NCAA seemed the far better product to me. I hope Madden is really good this year as well. It's been a while since I've had 2 football games that get a lot of play time.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think that by in large the general consensus was that Madden dropped the ball last year and needed to do some work. Even the developers admitted that one. Hopefully they got everything they wanted in this year (especially in Franchise Mode).
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Online franchise aside, I think Madden 12 is going to be a bigger jump in one year than NCAA is, but I"m loving NCAA overall, just hope they get some of these bugs with quiet audio and crowds being quiet, which was supposed to be a key feature this year, dirty uniforms, helmets not sparkling at night, pride stickers not showing up right, custom playbooks, online dynasty fixed. Those are the bugs I've seen I know there are supposed to be more though.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 16

This is the first time I bought an NCAA game. I am trading it when Madden comes out, but it does have some good extra features that madden doesn't have: formation subs, mass subs, aggressive vs. conservative style of play, easiness of pre-play controls, the depth in dynasty mode with the newspaper article shown after a game, the comparing of the schools up next, Herbstreit predicting all the games that upcoming week, the stats shown at the bottom of what happened the previous week. Mode-wise, NCAA defeats Madden. Only thing Madden has that I wish NCAA had in terms of extra features in the game is choosing which CB lines up with each WR and DPP if it turns out to be a good feature. On the field, I believe Madden will beat NCAA graphics wise and presentation wise, and a little better gameplay wise because of the extra month on the game.

Last edited by at23steelers; 07-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 8

I love NCAA and buy it every year. I always say I won't buy Madden but then do anyways because I get sucked in. I think this may be the first year when I do not buy Madden and NCAA.

I don't really see what NCAA will have next year to require me to purchase it again. Oh more D-1 teams...crappy ones at that. CC much improved...custom conferences improved! In dynasty edits! Same features as this years most likely, just polished a little.

So, I will probably get Madden next year and skip out on NCAA for the first time ever due to all the great features they put in this year's version that make it playable beyond a year for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »