Home

So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NCAA12

This is a discussion on So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NCAA12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #41
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NC

I take each game on their own merits. Contrary to some opinions, they do not play the same. Especially, in the past few iterations, there have been enough quirks from both -- good and bad -- to separate them.

Last year I was blown away by NCAA 11's gameplay and fully expected Madden to surpass it. But they were completely different experiences out of the box, starting with the atrocious tackling of Madden, working on down to the completely opposite way that both game went about presenting line interactions.

I'm looking forward to Madden 12 more than ever, but experience tells me not to set any expectations, on what NCAA is doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #42
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NC

NCAA has made me worried about Madden in terms of the technical aspects

NCAA didn't attempt nearly as big of a leap as Madden, but its being plagued with tons of bugs/Glitches

I fear we're going to have to wait well into Nov for them to patch stuff again

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
NCAA has made me worried about Madden in terms of the technical aspects

NCAA didn't attempt nearly as big of a leap as Madden, but its being plagued with tons of bugs/Glitches

I fear we're going to have to wait well into Nov for them to patch stuff again
Hopefully Madden's dev team is using the extra month to get those bugs/glitches worked out of the game by release
Old 07-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #44
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
No way was NCAA 11 a better on the field game then Madden 11

If you want to throw in dynasty then fine, I give you that but Ncaa on the field has never been more polished or played better then Madden... NEVER
Whatever man. We will have to agree to disagree. I found the passing, running, blocking, tackling all better. The coverage is weak in both games [not counting 12]. Also, while it is a cosmetic issue, the difference between running up he gut for 4 yards and getting gang tackled/pro-tak in NCAA was far better than in Madden where you often get hit by one play and 3-4 others shoulder roll off of you to the ground.

Also, aside from all of the on field game play, even the in-game features were nicer. For example, the way defense was played during the no-huddle offense. In Madden, you can only audible out of your play. In NCAA, your play book opens up, although you are restricted to your current formation.

Another thing I really enjoy is NCAA's "Gameplan" feature. In NCAA 10 at release this feature was not balanced properly, but after a patch it has worked ever since.

Then when you add in dirty uniforms and off the field features, I found NCAA to be a much more enjoyable game... and again, I am not a fan of college football. Madden is football on ice.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Whatever man. We will have to agree to disagree. I found the passing, running, blocking, tackling all better. The coverage is weak in both games [not counting 12]. Also, while it is a cosmetic issue, the difference between running up he gut for 4 yards and getting gang tackled/pro-tak in NCAA was far better than in Madden where you often get hit by one play and 3-4 others shoulder roll off of you to the ground.

Also, aside from all of the on field game play, even the in-game features were nicer. For example, the way defense was played during the no-huddle offense. In Madden, you can only audible out of your play. In NCAA, your play book opens up, although you are restricted to your current formation.

Another thing I really enjoy is NCAA's "Gameplan" feature. In NCAA 10 at release this feature was not balanced properly, but after a patch it has worked ever since.

Then when you add in dirty uniforms and off the field features, I found NCAA to be a much more enjoyable game... and again, I am not a fan of college football. Madden is football on ice.
I couldn't agree more here and I didn't even play NCAA 11. I just bought NCAA 12 and I have not bought an NCAA game since my sophomore year of college back in 1995 on the Sega Genesis. I am absolutely blown away at how far ahead NCAA compared to Madden. Light years ahead and I am not a college fan at all. I don't know how anyone could deny it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #46
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
As nice as NCAA is this year it still will not top Madden....Never has and never will in terms of gameplay and presentation
NCAA 11 > Madden 11...

That will not be the case this year

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #47
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I couldn't agree more here and I didn't even play NCAA 11. I just bought NCAA 12 and I have not bought an NCAA game since my sophomore year of college back in 1995 on the Sega Genesis. I am absolutely blown away at how far ahead NCAA compared to Madden. Light years ahead and I am not a college fan at all. I don't know how anyone could deny it.

I vehemently deny it lol.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #48
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
NCAA 11 > Madden 11...

That will not be the case this year
Well this is straight from the horse's mouth so to speak, so if he's right looks like Madden 12 is going to be pretty awesome, I really like NCAA 12 so if it's better than it, I will be very happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »