Home

Making the awareness rating more meaningful

This is a discussion on Making the awareness rating more meaningful within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Making the awareness rating more meaningful

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
I havent bought madden since 08', self imposed ban until I felt they upgraded franchise. Im thinking this might be the year I jump back in. the individual traits could be really cool if they work as advertised. That got me thinking, bear with me.....

I was watching an old episode of hard Knocks and saw just how badly these rookies were doing in training camp. Lineman missing blocks, corners lining up wrong, receivers running the wrong route etc. My question is could this translate into Madden.

I know we already have a dose of missed blocking assignments in madden but this is as far as I know not related to awr rating, correct?
Would it infuriate people if your computer controlled receivers with low awr occasionally ran the wrong route? RB's missing a blocking assignment, linebacker dropping back when they were supposed to blitz. If done with the appropriate frequency I think it would really help differentiate rookies (or any player with low awr) from vets or guys with high overall awr..
What do you think....would it piss people off or be welcomed?
I agree...I wouldn't want it to be overdone but that awr should affect you . I remember on old gen with the QB vision cone low awr for a QB meant a narrow cone (and lots of trying to manually move it) and harder to complete passes. High awr was a big cone and lots of completions....it should matter. I have a rookie back in chise whose rating is a 72. His truck, speed, agility, etc are all in the high 90's. His awr was real low leading to the 72 ovr. But I use him and led the league in rushing 3 out of his 4 years (he missed 6 games one year). His awr just didn't seem to matter.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 07-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

No doubt that the running back and qb are the toughest to simulate low awareness, but should awareness affect ability to run? They could miss blocks on passing plays or maybe stay to block when they are supposed to hit the flats.

for qb's maybe once in a while you couldnt throw to a receiver to simulate a low awareness, because they are not seeing the whole field. You snap the ball and instead of seeing all of your targets only 2 of the 3 have a passing icon above them.
I dont know im just brainstorming
Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

I love the ideals of this thread.But...................Look at how Madden is made.The pick up and play players will be crying about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
I like your thinking. I had wondered how to get a low awr effect to user controlled players. What are your ideas say for user controlled defenders? I guess you could implement the same concept that they react a little slower. But how would this impact gameplay. if a tackler has even that slight delay would they miss tackles every time do you think?
hmmm. good question.

perhaps a low awareness for defenders doesn't affect every play just a percentage based on your AWR.

for example, if you have a 50 AWR, you will have the "lag" (or whatever the handicap is) 30% of the time, if 60 AWR, it only affects you 25%, etc.

just a first thought. but i really don't think the community would dig it. everyone wants to turn a scrub into a superstar. but i think some type of "handicap" (in the horseracing sense of the word, not people) would be realistic to deal with.

if your user-controlled player has a poor AWR you can raise it over time to get high so you no longer have to deal with a handicap/penalty. maybe, if you do great, you can take a 50 AWR and get it to 90 in two or three seasons.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you're going to do this, you'd have to start rookies at really low AWR, then give them a boost each week in camp. Holdouts who miss all of camp would then enter the season without any of these boosts and so their unfamiliarity with the playbook would be represented. Same goes for any FAs.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
Rookie

crenk's Arena

good thoughts,
I would agree that awr would have to increase over the course of the seasons with playing time and pre season/training camp. It would be tied into their reps and not their stats. If players dont get much game time they dont progress as much. This would be the risk/reward of playing rookies or young guys. They will make mistakes but they will likely get better.
Some guys however just may not have a good football IQ and they could have a ceiling on their awareness. This would really make the cut down days important, evaluate how players are progressing and if they keep making mistakes into season 2 or 3...
Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
Rookie

crenk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
I love the ideals of this thread.But...................Look at how Madden is made.The pick up and play players will be crying about it.
I agree that many would hate this.. Ideal world madden would have a sim/arcade setting to go along with difficulty setting that would toggle features like this on/off
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »