Home

Pass Interference a thing of the past?

This is a discussion on Pass Interference a thing of the past? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Pass Interference a thing of the past?

Unacceptable, madden is saying that there true too the game, well pass interference is called a lot in NFL games. If my slider is at 100, then pass interference should be called a lot. Not so with this gen, the penalty is hardly called ever. There are penalties that are in the real NFL that are not in madden for some reason. Look developers, fix the penalty and challenge system, it's been 6 years and it's fundamental too football. Enough excuses and wait till next year blogs.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
How could illegal forward pass be in the game? The second you step past the line of scrimmage you are no longer able to pass.
Wrong. The second you take two steps past the LoS you are no longer able to pass. Try it out, just move right towards the line and the slightest bit beyond, you can still pass and draw the penalty. Once it happened to me (actually I wanted my QB to spin but he made a throw instead) and I've seen it happen to the CPU at least twice too.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

They need to resolve the issues with player interaction (or lack there of) before they can really do anything about certain penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Wrong. The second you take two steps past the LoS you are no longer able to pass. Try it out, just move right towards the line and the slightest bit beyond, you can still pass and draw the penalty. Once it happened to me (actually I wanted my QB to spin but he made a throw instead) and I've seen it happen to the CPU at least twice too.

I've been playing Madden for 20 plus years and have never seen this happen once. Unless this is something new for 11, which I barely played. I've also never tried to intentionally do it either.

I will take your word for it, but you'll have to excuse me for being quite skeptical about this.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I've been playing Madden for 20 plus years and have never seen this happen once. Unless this is something new for 11, which I barely played. I've also never tried to intentionally do it either.

I will take your word for it, but you'll have to excuse me for being quite skeptical about this.
Fair enough, since I've hardly played Madden before 11 I can't tell you whether this was in before.

I understand your skepticism, but as I said, you can try it yourself, it's not easy to force the penalty if you know how. And you can believe me, it happened to me only last week and it was not intentional, as I saw I was already at the LoS I thought I could press circle to spin away from a defender, but my QB still made the throw and drew the penalty, and as I said I've seen it happen to the CPU, too. But for about a dozen seasons of franchise I've played in 11, I've only seen it happen three or four times in total, so yes it's likely easy to play the game and never have it happen.

Still more often then Offensive PI, but I've seen it happen at well, if only once. Roughing the Passer, however, I've never ever seen that called.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

i have seen it and it was at the worst time ever, was pissed because it cost me a game, but at the same time was happy to see it in the game.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

every time the defender warps through your WR and picks off a pass should be pass interference. That has been prevailent in Madden and NCAA for years and needs to be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #16
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
every time the defender warps through your WR and picks off a pass should be pass interference. That has been prevailent in Madden and NCAA for years and needs to be fixed.
It is so annoying to throw a pass to my streaking WR and have him not see the ball, but 8 people on defense see it and maul him on the way to get the interception.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »