Home

Is ALL MADDEN ALL cheating??!...

This is a discussion on Is ALL MADDEN ALL cheating??!... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Is ALL MADDEN ALL cheating??!...

been playing this game (Madden11) for an entire year for the first time since Madden 05, and loving it! i've because better good on ALL Pro and decided to try my hand ALL MADDEN....needless to say, WTF?! it's virtually impossible to play that level for were the cpu offense wrecks shop!! wr are throwing all pro line backers off with ONE ARM!! just wondering if it's everyone experiencing this of am i just a chump and need to man up and practice this elite level?...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Is ALL MADDEN ALL cheating??!...

what i'm also noticing is it's more smash mouth football. such as o-line men are creating pockets or holes, thyre just running over d-line men and the secondary can't cover anyone!!...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

to answer your question: yes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

If you go to the setting and look at the descriptions of each level, when you get to "All-Madden", it says something to the effect of "makes your opponent almost impossible to stop." The developers on a podcast even had a chuckle when asked about the level... I believe it was Donny with the response of "yeah, they're juiced on All-Madden."

Madden should give you the biggest challenge, in that the computer should play its smartest against you, but that apparently is impossible, so in order to compete, the CPU players have built in advantages in strength, block shedding and breaking tackles.

With all that being said, it's the only level I play on. You're going to get a few come in here and say, don't bother, but you can manage if you know where the CPU is going to try to exploit you. First, make sure you've got all the patches.

Run Game: the scourge this year is the instant rip/swim move from the interior linemen, not just elite guys, but it seems almost every interior lineman is capable of this. Take note of how the CPU is playing you. I have almost completely taken and singleback formations out of my run game. I almost always run with a fullback in front of me because he can pick up the shedding lineman. Choose a playbook that has plenty of variations of power-o. I've tried a few that with more zone run-type plays and it's the same problem. The D-line gets too much penetration, so power-o with pulling guards, then coming back with dives regularly gives me the top rushing attack in the league... not to mention draw plays are killer when you set them up. If the CPU is stacking the box and crowing the middle, I keep a quick toss sweep in my audible set. These are good gains when the CPU sells out on blitzes up the middle.

Passing game: the CPU is going to blitz a LOT no matter who you play, unless you adjust the gameplans, so there will be holes. If you are getting a lot of pressure, change up your protection scheme by leaving in backs and TEs to pick up rushers. It'll make a world of difference, especially on third down.

Drops: Oh, and if you aren't going to user catch, then as soon as you throw the ball, get your fingers off the buttons, and the left stick. It seems like any bit of input from the controller will cause your player to drop the ball, almost as if they're turning up the field before securing the catch. It'll help a little.

On defense: focus on doing your job and good playcalling. I try to work from either a 4-3 over/under. Under for 2 TE sets, Over for 2 back stuff. 4-3 normal is just a changeup for me now. I play as the MLB and I focus on just controlling my gap. You read the guard in front of you and let him take you to the ball. Against the elite backs, they're going to do some miraculous sh!t. I just try to weather the storm. It gets frustrating because my interior linemen don't always penetrate or keep my linebacker clean like they should, but if you can master shedding blocks, you'll kill.

With the passing game, focus on where the CPU is hitting you. If it's over the middle from 3 wide sets, I try to call a cover 1 or 2. 2 Man Under is designed for the CBs to play outside leverage, whereas cover 1 your guys will try to play more inside. Cover 3 is good for deep middle stuff and if they're hitting the flats, but anything quick over the middle like slants will have you throwing the controller. Once, again if you're playing zone, just execute your assignment. You'll eventually recognize route combo's, but if you chase too much off the back, you'll leave wide open holes. When you start to handle the CPU consistently, then you can start to bring a little pressure. Bring it too soon and too often and the CPU will pick you apart.

And if you're in a 4-3, use the "pass" d-line adjustment whenever you feel a pass coming. Your ends will get up field better and the QB will tend to get rid of the ball quicker, even if you don't get the sack.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
MVP

thanks bro, i'll keep alot of that great info in mind! i think the best advise is to keep an open mind and expected get burned and weather the storm, because the doesnt play smarter, just harder...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

Yeah this isn't uncommon in video games. AI has generally not developed to the point where more difficult modes result in "smarter" AI (and/or developers are not willing/able to put in the amount or work required to make that happen). Instead most games just cheat on higher levels to make it more difficult. It's pretty common practice that's been going on for as long as video games have existed.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

The problem is less that in the toughest mode, the AI is cheating. It's okay for the AI to cheat on the hardest level. The problem rather is that on the second hardest level, the AI is no challenge at all for many players. So personally, I'm faced with the choice of "Do I go 16-0 without any kind of challenge every season?" or "Do I watch the CPU cheat blatantly on almost every play"
Old 07-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

See, I hate difficulty levels like this. I FULLY understand that some people don't see things as I do, so it's there for them. But for me, I'm not playing Madden so I can figure out how to exploit a cheating defense in a video game. I'm not trying to find money plays and technical quirks in the AI. I want to play football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »