Home

Madden Stage Demo - CLE vs SEA (Broadcast Cam)

This is a discussion on Madden Stage Demo - CLE vs SEA (Broadcast Cam) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Exclamation Madden Stage Demo - CLE vs SEA (Broadcast Cam)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ztfxD8kBqs

I just saw this video for the first time and noticed they've actually paid extra attention to the Broadcast Cam. Finally, BUT it's kinda herky-jerky and not too realistic. I'm not talking about the position of the cam, that's authentic as can be but I'd trade the position to get a more realistic, smooth, steady following of the ball. They get that down pack, and we'll be good to go. The funny thing is that it's nothing new.

Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MIxS7O6Zgw

Yes, it's a video of APF 2K8 but in no way am I comparing both games. I'm only showing how their broadcast view/camera work is so much better when it comes to following the ball and cutting to different camera angles in this mode. Instead of Mo-capping cameras, they should let the game be the camera crew.

Small pickens but I applaud EA for improving their presentation and focusing, or putting some effort, in bringing us something close to what we see on Sundays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden Stage Demo - CLE vs SEA (Broadcast Cam)

This video was actually from early April, they fixed a lot since this was made, but yes it does look pretty good and realistic, I love how every stadium is going to have the actual broadcast cam they use in real life, so every stadium's broadcast cam will be in a different location.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
Rookie

I hope so. 12 is turning out pretty good.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:30 AM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
I hope so. 12 is turning out pretty good.
Yeah and an even better sign is how impressed people are with NCAA so far, I know it's still VERY early into release day, but Madden and NCAA 12 are supposed to be similar and most say Madden's even better so we have a lot to be excited about this year I think guys.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

If you are going for total realism the shaky cam is actual more true to life. I don't know how many times I have seen the guy controlling it lose track of the ball for a second or two, but of course we are controlling the game so I understand if you want it smoothly following the ball at all times.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 18

I did not realize how good 2K8 looked. That broadcast cam is perfect. I agree with the OP that Madden's new broadcast camera system has the positions down, but do not have the actual camera work - cuts between plays and following the ball the way they do on television - to the science that 2K does.

I would love to see more from Madden 12's improved TV cameras because I am bothered by how jerky and jumpy it is at certain times (hiking the ball, between cuts from one camera to another). This 2K clip was very smooth and looked natural - just as you would see it on TV. I hope EA has continued to polish their telecast cams. I love what ive seen so far from EA this year.

I wish we could see more broadcast cameras from the different stadiums to show the different positions. The one in Seattle is a bit further back than the one they show in the 2K video. (I actually like the 2K closer view better), but im wondering if this is simply a case of copying what TV broadcasts look like in Seattle? Are they closer/higher/lower in other stadiums?

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 07-12-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
If you are going for total realism the shaky cam is actual more true to life. I don't know how many times I have seen the guy controlling it lose track of the ball for a second or two, but of course we are controlling the game so I understand if you want it smoothly following the ball at all times.
Yes, losing track of the ball does happen but in this case I was referring to the apparent glue the camera has to the ball (Madden). The camera shouldn't follow the ball dead scope but the general area where the ball is at/headed. Yes, play-action fakes, depending on how good its, could fool the camera but the way it skips in Madden doesn't look right. It just needs to track the ball a little more realistic.

The latest video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Nyr...el_video_title

Notice on 0:34, Ponder sends the ball deep and the camera 'clings' on to the ball which doesn't look right. It should also capture the player (zoom out somewhat).

Last edited by Skyliner80; 07-12-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans

I would love to see more from Madden 12's improved TV cameras because I am bothered by how jerky and jumpy it is at certain times (hiking the ball, between cuts from one camera to another). This 2K clip was very smooth and looked natural - just as you would see it on TV. I hope EA has continued to polish their telecast cams. I love what ive seen so far from EA this year.

Exactly!
I'd like to see this improve incase they ever have a SPECTATOR Mode, so you can view your friends play others using broadcast view. It would also look good for "game-breaks" if they ever decide to add that in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »