Home

Roster requirements

This is a discussion on Roster requirements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0
Roster requirements

Anyone know this year how its going to work?? now that we will have LS as a requriment, and most teams keep 7 OL and 3/4 teams only have 2 DTs. are we still going to have to waste 2 slots?? and the past Id create a LS in that poistion to fill in the 8th OL spot. It would be very interesting to see how this will work. though if IR works the way it SHOULD some players on IR we will be able to fill the slots with I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Roster requriements

as a sim nerd.. i hate seeing the cpu with the absolute minimum at every position in 2011
Old 07-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyman12
as a sim nerd.. i hate seeing the cpu with the absolute minimum at every position in 2011
Your right, this is why they put it in I think, I just hate having to waste slots for players not in the team. most teams go with 7 OL as I said, same with 3/4 teams with only 2 DTs this is where the frustration lies.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 AM   #4
Banned

For the final 53, ideally, the player requirements should be as follows -

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 5
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 4
OT - 4
DT - 4
DE - 4
OLB - 4
MLB - 3
CB - 5
SS - 2
FS - 2
LS - 1
K - 1
P - 1

For 3-4 defensive teams, DT should be 3 and ILB should be 4. Of course, I personally have never ever liked the player position requirements. It shouldnt even exist. Hell, if someone wants to have 53 QB's on their roster playing every position, that should be up to that person. And what I really hate is that its setup by left and right side. UGH. So frustrating.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 5
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 4
OT - 4
DT - 4
DE - 4
OLB - 4
MLB - 3
CB - 5
SS - 2
FS - 2
LS - 1
K - 1
P - 1

For 3-4 defensive teams, DT should be 3 and ILB should be 4. Of course, I personally have never ever liked the player position requirements. It shouldnt even exist. Hell, if someone wants to have 53 QB's on their roster playing every position, that should be up to that person. And what I really hate is that its setup by left and right side. UGH. So frustrating.
I definitely would not say 3 QBs, as many teams only keep 2. 2 FBs? I don't believe that's necessary. 3 TE's aren't always needed either, and I think many teams can survive with only 3 guards and 3 tackles. In a 4-3, the MLB requirement only needs to be two, and the same goes with the NT requirement in the 3-4. You could even argue that only 4 CBs and 4 WRs are needed due to the fact that TE's can be used as wide receivers in 4 and five wide receiver sets and safties can fill in at corner in dime and quarter packages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 AM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah there shouldn't be a hard and fast 'here's 53 spots to fill, by position' as there's a lot of reasons teams end up carrying more of one position, and less of another. It can be a risky, and I think we should be able to take it.

You should have your minimums, and then the flexibility to fix a few others into your 53.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 5
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 4
OT - 4
DT - 4
DE - 4
OLB - 4
MLB - 3
CB - 5
SS - 2
FS - 2
LS - 1
K - 1
P - 1

Position requirements should be interchangeable:

Guards/Tackle=OL
HB/FB= RB
OLB/MLB= LB
DE/DT= DL
CB/FS/SS= DB

If we're talking about the same thing, I agree that the Left/Right setup is definitely frustrating as it only takes a simple "flip" of the offensive play to exploit mismatches..

In the Depth Chart: Linebackers should be designated Mike, Sam and Will instead of Middle, ROLB, and LOLB
Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #8
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope they allow the players to hold or carry more than one position title ie C/ G, Te/fb etc. I would also like to see the requirements for the rosters taken away, if I only want to keep or have 2or 6 qbs like an above post said allow me to have that off line. I paid for it so let me have my roster the way I want it. My opinion but I would like to see the multiple positions or skill sets for the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »