Home

How different is the gameplay etc in 360 vs ps3

This is a discussion on How different is the gameplay etc in 360 vs ps3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: How different is the gameplay etc in 360 vs ps3

/shrug Either/or to me. I'm no troll or fanboy, so I don't really care if I'm wrong on this. No need to be hostile.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

I've never really played the 360 version before but from every video I've seen of recent versions of the game being played on the 360, the graphics seem a little sharper and gameplay slightly smoother. Maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me, but if there's any truth to it, it could be because the game is developed for the 360 and ported over to PS3. Doubtful that it really makes that much difference regardless, but to me it seems slightly smoother in the 360 vids compared to playing it on the PS3.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 07-22-2011, 12:29 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

There are subtle differences between the gameplay on 360 and PS3, but none that I can imagine would produce different results with the same sliders UNLESS the other person using your sliders plays a style that doesn't mix well with the slider set.

Slider sets are as individual as we are.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm thinking it's playstyle but...

Is it also possible that one version hasn't been patched the same as the other? Most likely, EA sends out the same patch but is it possible that either you or the other guy don't have the latest patch?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLivingLegend
I'm an avid PS3 gamer, and I don't notice a huge difference between the 2! One minor thing I notice is that Xbox seems a bit more choppy, but with better graphics, where PS3's graphic falter a tad bit but runs smoother.
i disagree. i played x360 for years and years and wen i switched to ps3, i bought both maddens for both systems last year. the ps3 graphics wer way better. the colors wer much sharper. overall it looked better because the colors wer so much nicer
NCAA: Fresno State

I have multiple teams I like which I think every true sports fan should!!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

From the E3 videos I've seen, I'm having a hard time distinguishing one version from the other. Both look great!

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 07-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #15
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

360 fanboys try to make it out to be like the 360 version is so much smoother.

Ive played both, and the only real difference was controls....the only thing I noticed was the PS3 versions graphics seem somewhat sharper with slightly more vibrant colors. No huge difference, though.

Id be fine with either version....Im getting the PS3 version because I am just used to the controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

When people say that the PS3 version is on par or better than the 360 version, I simply want to question how much time have they've spent playing Madden on the 360?

I've wanted a PS3 for years, and I finally got one 3 months ago in hopes to move all of my gaming to that console. But I spend the majority of my time w/ Madden, and it just doesn't run as smooth on the PS3. It's not a huge contrast -- but there are certainly more hiccups on the PS3 version.

In the few wks that I owned M11 on the PS3, I even saw the gameplay lock up for 1-3 seconds. I've never experienced that on the 360.

I wanted to be PS3 fanboy if you will -- it's a sleek console. But Madden dominates my gaming time and the experience on the PS3 is not as smooth as it is on the 360. The transition from gameplay to playcall screen to cutscene is just too unpolished IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »