Home

How different is the gameplay etc in 360 vs ps3

This is a discussion on How different is the gameplay etc in 360 vs ps3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: How different is the gameplay etc in 360 vs ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
When people say that the PS3 version is on par or better than the 360 version, I simply want to question how much time have they've spent playing Madden on the 360?

I've wanted a PS3 for years, and I finally got one 3 months ago in hopes to move all of my gaming to that console. But I spend the majority of my time w/ Madden, and it just doesn't run as smooth on the PS3. It's not a huge contrast -- but there are certainly more hiccups on the PS3 version.

In the few wks that I owned M11 on the PS3, I even saw the gameplay lock up for 1-3 seconds. I've never experienced that on the 360.

I wanted to be PS3 fanboy if you will -- it's a sleek console. But Madden dominates my gaming time and the experience on the PS3 is not as smooth as it is on the 360. The transition from gameplay to playcall screen to cutscene is just too unpolished IMO.
I smell a troll... I NEVER have 1-3 second lock ups on my PS3, never, and I have a 360 as well, add me on live and PSN if you wish. Something is wrong with your PS3 if its doing that, because no one I know who has a PS3 has this happen.

There is a known issue or was with upgraded hard drives on PS3 and madden at tone time but other then that, why is your PS3 doing this and mine and many's not? I played madden for 2 years on 360 before I even owned a PS3.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
From the E3 videos I've seen, I'm having a hard time distinguishing one version from the other. Both look great!
Thats they way it has been for 99% of games since 2008 on. The only people who bring up differences are 360 gamers who keep spreading the myth that Ps3 versions are inferior like they were in 06-07 when devs were still learning Ps3 hardware. simply has not been true.

what we really need is madden for PC for better graphics and MODS. Imagine what mods could do for madden. A guy can dream.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpleen
The old 360 trolls stiull think its 2006... I had a 360 since launch and ps3 for 2.5 years. This is simply not true.
It actually is true, at least to a small, perhaps more specific, extent. In terms of game play, there is no noticeable difference as far as I could tell. On the field, Madden 11 runs the same on both for the most part.

Where lag is noticeable on PS3 more so than 360 is in the menus...they are painfully slow by comparison (if you are used to running the game on 360, at least...though, to be honest, the menus suck on either system IMO). There also appears to be a bit more delay in replays, but to to a much lesser degree than the menus. Now, this is with the game installed to the HDD on 360, so maybe that's a big part of the difference...I dunno.

I also think it looks a bit better on 360, but it's not a major difference and that could admittedly be preference. Most of the time with the visuals that's the case (for example, I much preferred LA Noire on PS3, visually). Madden certainly doesn't look bad on PS3 though IMO.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I smell a troll... I NEVER have 1-3 second lock ups on my PS3, never, and I have a 360 as well, add me on live and PSN if you wish. Something is wrong with your PS3 if its doing that, because no one I know who has a PS3 has this happen.
A troll? Really? If you were an OS member longer than a hot minute, I'd be offended.

Honestly, I won't even dismiss that my PS3 has an issue. I got it off of Ebay and I have experienced some connection issues with it.

Still, I have no interest in making the PS3 sound like an inferior system. I wanted one for years after all. But comparing apples to apples, the menus (as Sox alluded to) and the transitions are smoother on the 360. And yes, I have had the gameplay hang on me using the PS3, even if it's not a widespread issue.

Don't put me into a box as if to suggest I'm clowning the PS3. I'm just sharing my experiences as you and others are doing. I'm not saying that Madden on PS3 is a sham and/or waste of money.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
Gameplay is much smoother on the Xbox 360 than PS3
They are exactly the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #22
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

There is a known issue or was with upgraded hard drives on PS3 and madden at tone time but other then that, why is your PS3 doing this and mine and many's not? I played madden for 2 years on 360 before I even owned a PS3.
know your place rook...RGiles has earned some respect..try & show it
Old 07-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
A troll? Really? If you were an OS member longer than a hot minute, I'd be offended.

Honestly, I won't even dismiss that my PS3 has an issue. I got it off of Ebay and I have experienced some connection issues with it.

Still, I have no interest in making the PS3 sound like an inferior system. I wanted one for years after all. But comparing apples to apples, the menus (as Sox alluded to) and the transitions are smoother on the 360. And yes, I have had the gameplay hang on me using the PS3, even if it's not a widespread issue.

Don't put me into a box as if to suggest I'm clowning the PS3. I'm just sharing my experiences as you and others are doing. I'm not saying that Madden on PS3 is a sham and/or waste of money.
I have experienced the lag you are talking about. But it was online only versus an opponent in our league who has a known garbage connection. That is the only time I have ever seen that, but that isn't the game, that's the server issue or the ping of the users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »