Home

Will This Facemask Be In Madden ?

This is a discussion on Will This Facemask Be In Madden ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will This Facemask Be In Madden ?

some people are just way to picky. some people prob wont purchase it because they don't have the right face mask for there fav player lol. was you screaming about face mask in madden 95?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdublotothese
I have seen a couple face-masks they added to Madden, but i have not seen this one. I hope it is in the game ! Does anyone know or have you seen it in any of the footage out there. Its been around since the Amani Toomer days, yet they coulc care less to put it in the game. Thanks guys

Well, at the moment I can only go by the facemasks that are represented in NCAA12. They did a very good job this year with equipment. This is just about the LAST facemask that the dev team didn't put into NCAA. Once they add this one in, I'd say they've finally completed that aspect of the game.

As for Madden, they usually have a bit more than NCAA on a yearly basis, so they just might have added this one. just have to wait and see.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
I just don't see how you all can even tell the difference between facemasks. I mean yeah, if an offensive lineman was wearing one bar, it would be like what the hell but the differences between most of these facemasks people get worked up about are so subtle. Do you spend time studying facemasks? When you watch the games on tv, do you patiently memorize the structure and the number of vertical bars on every face mask worn by every player?

How come all face masks look the same to me. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Am I just not attentive to detail?
Not an insult or anything man, but you're just not attentive to detail. Some people are some people aren't. For those that are, every piece of equipment matters.

Quick example. The attention to detail guys are the guys who play a game that involves firing a weapon, and will see the shells ejecting from the rifle and the sound when they hit the ground, whether the barrel is smoking or not after you're done firing, if the barrel has a slight red glow if fired too long, etc, etc.

I see that type of thing when I'm playing a game. If its not there I get slightly disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

NCAA 12 hasn't added any new DNA facemask since they put them in the game.

But yet they add the LT fasemask that only he wore (in the NFL, not college). And the RB Bull facemask that doesn't even exist.

Madden has added a lot more then NCAA that can easily take the place of this.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
NCAA 12 hasn't added any new DNA facemask since they put them in the game.

But yet they add the LT fasemask that only he wore (in the NFL, not college). And the RB Bull facemask that doesn't even exist.

Madden has added a lot more then NCAA that can easily take the place of this.
I think NCAA has 7 (or is it 6?) DNA masks in game at the moment. Almost there. I think they've implemented 7 out of 8 right now, with the OPs request the only one absent.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #14
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
They did a very good job this year with equipment. This is just about the LAST facemask that the dev team didn't put into NCAA. Once they add this one in, I'd say they've finally completed that aspect of the game.
I Don't really agree with this. NCAA added a number of facemasks and 3 new helmets, but did a shoddy job. REVO Speed facemasks don't actually connect to the helmet, visors don't fit them right, nor are the clips for the visor in the correct position. Same goes for the ION 4D and Standard Revolution helmets; visors aren't connected properly.

All of this is really nit picky, but if the game is going to show me these post-play cuts that zoom in on players and their equipment, I'm going to continue to complain. If you don't notice this stuff, you probably skip through all the cut scenes, and never enter the equipment edit tab in player edit.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I Don't really agree with this. NCAA added a number of facemasks and 3 new helmets, but did a shoddy job. REVO Speed facemasks don't actually connect to the helmet, visors don't fit them right, nor are the clips for the visor in the correct position. Same goes for the ION 4D and Standard Revolution helmets; visors aren't connected properly.

All of this is really nit picky, but if the game is going to show me these post-play cuts that zoom in on players and their equipment, I'm going to continue to complain. If you don't notice this stuff, you probably skip through all the cut scenes, and never enter the equipment edit tab in player edit.
I notice this kinda $het too. Especially for someone like me that likes to edit the elites, pro bowlers and whoever gradually throughout the season steps up. It's not a gamebreaker but it F'en irks me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

NCAA also took out the 2 bar and 3 bar singles this year. I know they aren't as popular but guys still do wear them.

My facemask wishlist:

-Fix the 3 bar running back mask
-Add all DNA masks
-Fix the revo facemasks
-Take out LT masks no one wears
-Fix the full cage mask that doesn't exist
-If they are going to add and subtract masks....at least do the right ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »