Home

Whats Your favorite and worst madden?

This is a discussion on Whats Your favorite and worst madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Fav: Madden 05
Least: Madden 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Whats Your favorite and worst madden?

Favorite either 04 or 05

worst 09
Old 07-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #19
Rookie

NYYankees42's Arena

OVR: 3

My favorite was Madden 06 for ps2.

Worst was Madden 11 because of the frustration of having the same product for dynasty and other modes throughout many years.

OS Arbitration Panel Project 2012 - GM of the New York Yankees
Old 07-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Best:

Debatable. I loved 04, but find it practically unplayable today because of the lack of newer features. I also really liked '09 because the nostalgic "feel of Madden" finally made it to NG systems.

Worst:

Easily NG Madden from '06-'08 and PS2 Madden '06-07. I played 2 games of Madden '06 on 360 when it came out. Worst football game I've ever played. Looked bad. Felt bad. On the PS2 version of '06 QB Vision was required for ranked online games. I HATE QB VISION with almost as much passion as I love Madden without it.

Later
Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #21
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Favorite: Madden 07 (PS2) - this probably had more to do with my age at the time. Back then I was just starting to get back into Madden so I wasn't as nitpicky, I was just enjoying what was there as opposed to what wasn't. Madden 07 felt like its zenith to me. You had the newspaper clippings, radio show, players showed personality -- the would let you know when they weren't happy or getting enough catches, would hold out. I could just spend an hour managing my team without playing one game.

And I didn't know how good I had it on the field either. Man coverage was reliable, the defensive line got pressure, when I played against different teams, I got different experiences. There wasn't the all-out blitzing from what I remember. When I played a Tampa-2 team they blitzed rarely, hung back in zones and made me earn my way down the field. Against the Ravens, or Steelers, they were blowing me up with blitzes.

I believe 07 was the first year where they introduced different kinds of jukes where the stick was the huge jumpe cuts, and the L1-R1 was the subtle shoulder fakes. By that point, I had even mastered the vision cone.

Worst: Madden 08 (360/PS3) Went out and bought a 360 just for the occasion. I can't tell you how disappointed I was as I slowly went through the game an noticed how much wasn't there from the PS2 version. It didn't jump out to me right away. The first thing I did was try to assign my corner to a receiver. Not there. No big deal. Then I went and tried to individually press a slot receiver and saw the whole secondary move up... it was down hill from there and I started learning new terms that I had ever heard of before, like "Robo QB".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett the jet favre
Best- Madden 06, superstar mode, and i could be a kicker, hell yeah! Why cant we be a kicker now?

Worst- Madden 08
ROFL 06 the best.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #23
Rookie

stephenk24's Arena

OVR: 2

Best: Madden 07

Worst: Madden 10
Old 07-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #24
Rookie

AlexHorvath's Arena

OVR: 0

Best: Madden 11

Worst: Madden 09

New York Giants

New York Mets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »