Home

Whats Your favorite and worst madden?

This is a discussion on Whats Your favorite and worst madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #57
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Whats Your favorite and worst madden?

Bump for Madden 13

Best: Madden 12 - A great Franchise Mode, great presentation and good gameplay (with the right sliders)

Worst: Madden 08 - OMG this game had the worst commentary and was a terrible excuse for a football game.

Undecided: Madden 13 - Obviously still in development, this game is good and bad. It lacks a proper Franchise Mode as Connected Careers seems more geared towards Superstar but doesn't do so well in that either. You can no longer create a team and I see no reason why they would take that out. The physics are extremely out of whack and while a good idea, it needs another year for refinement.

You may like Madden 13 but for me, it's a mixed bag and the bag is has a hole in it draining out all the sand. With that said, I'll stick to the better OVERALL game in Madden 12 and wait for Madden 14.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #58
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Favorites: Madden 11. Had everything I needed in a football game, with relatively few problems after good sliders and patches. NCAA integrated well, too. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. Let me control all 32 teams, and I'll be fine.

Everybody's tastes are different, but after Madden 12 and the ugly UDFA problems, disproportionate NCAA draft imports, I went back to Madden 11, and that's where I'll stay for at least another year.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32

Best - Madden 12, no contest
Worst - 06
Most Disappointing - Madden 13
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 03 was by far my favorite... It was the first one I ever played. Every time I hear the song "Anthem" by Good Charlotte I get so nostalgic. Worst is probably 13 so far... I don really remember 07-09 so I can't say anything about them. Well see how 13 is after this patch.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #61
Rookie

strghtcashhomey's Arena

Best is Madden 95 for SEGA, I played that game so much. Remember when they used to give you that poster with all the depth charts and ratings, etc? Introduced the Ricky Watters high-step, Barry Sanders spin move was unstoppable, and the Jags and Panthers as the "secret" teams, still remember the code, ACACBACAC haha.

Least Fav is def 06 for 360, HORRIBLE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #62
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I just read my post from way back.

Still feel 05/07 were the most fun I had ever had with Madden and 99 was a huge deal in my Madden life.

I re-thought everything about Madden 10. It is a very solid title despite the flats exploit. I re-played that game this past year with a fresh slider set and was very shocked at how good it played.

Madden 12 did end up being overall one of the better Maddens in it's history. It has some things I can't stand on the field...but it is a solid game.

Madden 13 - I am not passing judgment till we get this next patch. But I can tell you I do like the game and will probably it rank very high if this next patch is a success.

So Best Maddens

1) 2007
2) 2005
3) 1999
4) 2012
5) 2010

I never played 2006, 2008 or 2009.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #63
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

best with a "perfect" patch is 13. 05 is holding top spot til then

worst madden has to be madden 11 or madden 06.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 4

Best- Madden 2005- Even though I preferred NFL 2k5 more. 2005 was a good year to be a NFL video game fan, and then EA got the license

Worst- Madden 11- Let's see what that edition brought to us. New run animations that we currently hate, sideline catching(Oh boy, it only took 5 years!), and Gameflow which I automatically turn off in every game I play. Don't forgot about Gus Johnson who was gone after only 2 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »