Home

Is Madden 2012 gonna play like NCAA '12?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 2012 gonna play like NCAA '12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #9
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is Madden 2012 gonna play like NCAA '12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Are you playing with named rosters by any chance?
yes sir, i am.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:43 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMonti
I have been looking at a lot of NCAA '12 footage and it looks good. The AI is smart the offensive line has better awareness. There's no suction animations as far as I have seen. And the running seems good too. So is Madden gonna be similar? I surely hope so.
I sure hope it plays like NCAA 12, then maybe I'll actually play it a lot this year unlike last year..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i certainly hope not. ncaa is getting traded in because of the same ol cheating defense. if i see one super lb in the madden demo, it's a definite skip for me. but i don't even think that's the real issue. i think it's their inability to properly code pass trajectory. bullet and lob. that is so incorrect and it's ridiculous that they still haven't figured it out yet. how about a regular, in between throw. no? impossible? it's whatever at this point.

but that has nothing to do with the psychic DBs. some of the plays they make are baffling.
Try carsons roster set, he adjusts the LBs jump rating so you see less of that..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-24-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
My response in a similar thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
I haven't experienced super LB's. If you notice, they usually don't even get a foot off the ground. Here is the real issue, IMO: Passing AI.

QB's throw too low or too high during inappropriate circumstances. This has been KILLING me during RTG as a WR.

The D will have two safeties covering up top. I'm running a post across the middle, wide open. Instead of throwing a bullet, the QB throws a 6 second lob, leading me right into the safety's zone...

Other times, again, I'll be open across the middle, 15 yards behind a LB. Instead of putting a little touch on it, he rockets the ball, leading to an easy swat.

The Passing AI has major issues determining how to get the ball to the receiver, to the point where it doesn't even seem to be able read where defenders are on the field, much less what coverage they're in.

Posted using the power of knowledge.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

unfortunately it will and thats not a good thing, ncaa had its honeymoon phase and not its in the grind phase where everyone in "patch waiting"....

i am hoping the traits will refine the gameplay alittle more than ncaa, which is lacking in the same areas we have been seeing for some time...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
yes sir, i am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Try carsons roster set, he ******s the LBs jump rating so you see less of that..
You could do what Odogg said and try Carson's or you could test with the default rosters with no names because it seemed better to me with default rosters.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #15
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

OVR: 0

If it's like ncaa 12 I will return it the next day. And I don't care about a roster fix or sliders because I only play online so I'm stuck with ea default rosters. I really hope that they fix custom playbooks. I can't believe that ea touted that feature so much only for it to be broken for a lot of us. I see myself playing a lot of nhl 12 this fall/winter if ea can't get its ish together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

I'm gonna go on the record and say this!

Madden will be drastically slower in gameplay, and the presentation will blow NCAA out of the water. As I've said before NCAA is very arcade based. It can almost be compared to NFL Blitz and NBA Jam. It's a very poorly created simulation of College Football. I think EA was so excited about their new tackling animation that they forgot about the bread and butter of any game, realism (Feeling like you're in the Game).

I've bought every NCAA and Madden title for over 12 years now and have never really said that 1 particular game has ever been a must have! At some point another company.... (cough cough) 2K will get their hands on some licensing and have the opportunity to create a great Football experience. Until then, SuperFreak Linebackers and bad passing trajectory is on the menu at the Barnes household. Good Day Folks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »