Home

NCAA Hurry Up Style in Madden 12 ?

This is a discussion on NCAA Hurry Up Style in Madden 12 ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Hurry Up Style in Madden 12 ?

I'd love to see the hurry-up like on NCAA 12, I am currently in love with it, I don't think it would work ouit very well in the NFL, but I'd love to have the choice to run it, since a lot of people here seem to love choosing what they want. Maybe they could add removing it to fair play if they add it again.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

I play as the Colts more than anything and I run the hurry up quite a bit with them. I won't stop simply because people believe it is cheesing, it is simply the way the Colts run their offense.

- Chuck Noll
Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

THE COLTS DONT RUN IT EVERY POSSESSION THOUGH!!! You guys aren't understanding the gimmicky aspect most players/little kids rely on! Regardless, It doesn't work if you know how to play defense, but think about someone who wants to play a friendly game and runs into a D-Bag who takes advantage of something so unrealistic it gets dumb playing. I'm fine with a guy running it sparingly, but Every Play? Give me a break!

These kids should be out playing a real football game, and learning the technical and tactical elements of the game. Bush! Hurry Up is Bush!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLivingLegend
THE COLTS DONT RUN IT EVERY POSSESSION THOUGH!!! You guys aren't understanding the gimmicky aspect most players/little kids rely on! Regardless, It doesn't work if you know how to play defense, but think about someone who wants to play a friendly game and runs into a D-Bag who takes advantage of something so unrealistic it gets dumb playing. I'm fine with a guy running it sparingly, but Every Play? Give me a break!

These kids should be out playing a real football game, and learning the technical and tactical elements of the game. Bush! Hurry Up is Bush!
I play as the Colts and I, too, run the no-huddle offense. Granted, I do not run it enough that it seems like I am a cheeser. In fact, I normally use a bit of the play clock before I snap it so I can actually have time to decipher the defense, rather than snapping it with around 33 seconds left on the play clock. Plus, I like controlling time of possession.

However, if I see that I have a clear advantage in personnel, I will use no-huddle 1000% of the time, and it will be quick (meaning I snap it at around 25 on the play clock). If anyone watched the Colts Sunday-night game against the Redskins this past season (I believe it was week 6 or 7), they were running the no-huddle like CRAZY that game. They were snapping the ball before the play clock hit 25, and this was during the 3rd quarter, so it's not like they were running a two-minute drill either.

I don't use it as a gimmick. I DO understand what you're saying though, and yes, lots of people abuse it because of the fact that it's too easy to communicate a play with your whole team in Madden, and because the computer defenders never realize when somebody is running the same play over and over again.

And to respond to the original question. They didn't have this in Madden 11, so I doubt they'll have it in 12. But if they kept the new way that they did audibles in Madden 11, you can change your play without changing the formation, so you can basically do the same thing.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #13
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

God I hope it's not like it is in NCAA. It is very unrealistic and I would rather not have it than to have it the way it is played out on NCAA. Teams all rush up to the line in super warp speed and somehow the play is already called and they're able to hike the ball under 5 seconds, lol. It's funny to see a long pass completed and then see the teams streaking down the field and then line up and go. If it is in please make it like it is supposed to be ran.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLivingLegend
If you use this at any other time other then the 2 minute drill before Half or Games End you're a cheeser! I'm sick and tired of playing noobs who run the hurry up every possession. They think it works, and then get pick6ed because you think I don't know how to play the game. I think the Hurry Up should only be available in those allotted time slots. There are more SIM players then Arcade bush gamers. When will EA respect the honest football lovers instead of the 6th grader in Ohio who loves Ohio St that will never amount to anything more then being a waterboy because he doesn't understand what it takes to be a real football player.

You could call this a Rant, but I want one time where I'm challenged in a game by either being out-coached or outplayed. I've had over 20+ games in college football where I'm smashing an opponent, and magically I get the loss due to connection issues. I have T1 internet with over 50MBPS DL Speed and 31MBPS upload. Give me a break, IF YOU ARENT OREGON, QUIT RUNNING THE HURRY UP, YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!
Well said !

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebowfanai
I play as the Colts more than anything and I run the hurry up quite a bit with them. I won't stop simply because people believe it is cheesing, it is simply the way the Colts run their offense.
This.

I like to play against the Colts, and it's sad that Madden doesn't do a very good job of representing the no-huddle offense. It hurts even more on he defensive side of the ball. This "small" NCAA 11 feature was one of the biggest game changers EA had ever added to the game... in my opinion. I hope the Madden team understands this and "stole it" for M12.

But I doubt it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't play online. I dont see the point. Its usually laggy (dorm internet) and buttons late to respond. With that said... Its in College. Its in the NFL. It should be in the game. I have a big issue with preventing people the ability to play the way they wish the play. Its the Libertarian in me.

Preventing RB running when throwing from the wildcat. Not allowing some form of No-Huddle. And.. Well honestly I didn't buy last years madden so I cant really say.

But the point is, they should allow some form of No-Huddle like in the NCAA. Allow the offensive player to select from their whole playbook and the defensive player the same ability pre-snap.

HOWEVER, unlike NCAA, the animation needs to be fixed. Just like how the defense can see Offensive personnel in the huddle, after the offensive player chooses his play, there should be like 6-15 seconds of the offense shifting, QB barking out orders, Linemen pointing out assignments. In that period, the defense can still choose their play as they get a glimpse of what it looks like the offense is doing and how they are lining up. I think that is fair for both.

Oh, and the length of the delay is determined by how drastic the next offensive play is from the previous as well as the AWR (or maybe a new rating category) of the QB running the offense. So Manning would be closer to 6 seconds where as Sanchez would be closer to 15. (Just using Sanchez as a average QB.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »