Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
^ nope..maybe next year.
Yeah, I know Just my little way of saying how ridiculous it is that the communities feature will have this option but not online franchise. That's why my excitement about the communities feature is more or less nonexistent--it's only a grand achievement if you ignore the travishamockery that Online Franchise has been since its introduction.

I'll be curious to see what the stats are on how many people start "communities" and how long they remain active. Running those numbers up against those for Online Franchise would be interesting.

Back to the proper topic of celebrating the new feature, I'm glad that folks who are into playing play now games will have a stronger filter for determining what kind of player they face.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm shocked Mr leaguemanager, I'm so sick of you calling me out with no proof to back your claims but only to save face. I have nothing against you and this is where i am going to point out where I get my info from and how I feel the way I feel about everything you so call feel like its mis information...

I will link you all to the site this is from, but its a "freestyle player site" and they had a very productive discussion on a similar topic that lead to this!

Quote:
Like ive said before, tip sites, glitches, sportsmanship, etc have all contributed to the madden decline. The underlining issue is the poor advancement of the madden gm itself...madden is why the the community has declined.

The game has become stale, predictable, redundant, boring, the element of surprise and creativity throughout the community is gone.

D. said other gms give more info than madden and still thrive. Theyre able to do this because other games exploits can be represented multiple ways.

In madden, if ur not running 4 curls fb dive, or OT, Or snugs you cant be competitive. What works in madden can only be done a certain way. If you play 10 different ppl in madden at least 9 will be running the same exploits/tactics using the same plays. As opposed to other gms where although the same exploits/tactics theyre being used multiple ways.

This goes back to the whole boring, stale, redundant, and lack of surprise or bettet yet a lack of variety in the game. A gm w countless ways to play it is only played 2-3 different ways.

This is why I believe the game has suffered and not necessarily because of glitches, sportsmansip, etc. with custom pbs, I hope this problem is fixed. If there is simply more variety and creativity ppl w gravitate back towards madden.
Quote:
U dont lose to good players anymore u lose to dum things in the game!!!
Quote:
don't know what you have planned, but i'm not sure splitting the community even further by offering "sim" vs. "freestyle" will be successful. I think EVERYONE can compete, with some very basic football rules, the absence of exploits, and compete as one single Madden community.

I have always hated those labels, because by nature they split the community. The reason the "Madden World Syndicate" was created was so all competitive Madden players KNEW what to expect, in an MWS sanctioned event.

With the console split, then to further it by splitting styles, don't know how that can work. I know you haven't elaborated, but i'm sure you have some good things planned.
Mind you fellas, this is coming from a "freestyle" site who's topic is about them becoming SIM or staying Freestyle....

Quote:
I dont think he meant literally that the internet destroyed Madden i think what he is trying to say is that the PLAYERS destroyed Madden!!! The players control Madden no matter how good or bad the game is at the end of the day!!!
Really...

Quote:
I play random games and abuse every exploit I can find. I also play on a sim league and play legit. I like doing both, really. I love getting cussed out on XBL because I ran 3 plays the whole game and killed a guy.

Quote:
Anyways yes tips have their pros and cons of course, think about it EVERYBODY had a so called defense when the game came out because of what? Tips sites the SPY BLITZ where a baby could run it if u taught it. Double Z, Stlet stick (flat routes), motion c routes, slant outs, motion streaks out of snugs, etc. Those few things right there and u were set for Madden 11 and lets not forget the auto drag routes but at the same time anybody could figure those lat few out. The reason why i say tip sites is because nobody labs (not all) anymore they wait for that first ebook to drop the first week of Madden is out. Nowadays your not playing that person's offense your playing against other staff's offense/defense. Now thats the con about it the good thing about it is that not everybody has time to sit there for hours to find GIMMICKS in the game so it can come in handy. But all im sayin is and trust me its not near the same as before the tip sites evolved and money gaming sites (which also had a huge part on that) which results in ppl not wanting to travel anymore because of the mixture of the game being to dummed down and gimmicks mixed in but like i said at the end of the day its on the players who play the game!!
Quote:
I feel the site itself is more Tourney, with the advent of guides and e-books... the three original founders () are tourney players, so back in the beginning that's who it mostly represented... Don't frequent the site as much as I used to so maybe it has changed..
Quote:
tourny's will make a come back.not sure on which madden game/football game but it will be.i cant imagine people going to a tournament to play madden 11,with all the holes in M11 its not worth it.but if madden put together a competitive football game where it actually based upon one's skill and knowledge of a football game,people would be glad to compete competitively once again.
Quote:
I know times have changed over the past yr and a half or so ppl came and left (im still standin strong baby) but for u who was here back in the good ole days no crying about the game as much as now, crying about RC's, nanos,etc. A lot of new faces on here and i dont see anybody even talkin about tourneys almost 5% now and then, back in the day this entire section was infested with tourney, freestylers, less crying, money game battles, call outs, u name it it was here!! NOW i dont see it that much so ive been thinkin to myself are mostof u sim dudes now or just Madden fans and thats as far as it go? Not poppin off just wanna know because i never see anything about tourneys no more completely different atmosphere maybe no MC's have a huge part it too?!?!?!?
Quote:
The only thing tip sites did was let the cat out of the bag that competitive madden was and is dominated by illogical glitchy tactics. They will never find a mass market that wants to play like that. For Madden to reach that 32 MC level or close to it again "sim" and "freestyle" has to become one in the same. And people who don't like glitches are not "crying about the game". What is the benefit to play with things like the QB draw in 10 and the spy blitz this year? Nothing....except to those who rely on it.

Competitive fighting games are the blueprint Madden needs to follow. The strategy guides for those games(SF 4, MvC 3, Tekken) provide real hardcore tips that the official Madden strategy guide has never even come close to offering.
All this^^^ is the reason this feature exists because we got tired of crying and complaining about online lobby play with regards to madden. This was the best possible solution and shouldnt be shrugged off because one feature got no love. This is big for those who just wanna get a quik pick up game know with more certainty that its gonna be more football than a glitchfest if there in a room such as an OS made community.

But what I have presented to you in quotes is what the guys who have banked off of these exploits, and created the crying and the fussing for something to be done, are feeling right now. I have advocated a clean, simulated football experience on there site and others like it, and now that there money making chances have diminished due to the way they play, now they see the light in it being wrong and something has to change.

With the addition of this add-on or feature, its a good sign and people should always look at things from both sides of the spectrum before making rash judgments and or decisions. If I were to pull and pick apart the madden wish lists threads from years pasts, i bet I could find over 100 posts asking for something similar to what we got today from EA.

We all know its coming next year, and as much as you can be angry over it, its how EA has always been with its features with madden. They never give 100% in year, they love to stretch it out, if they didnt, there would be nothing to really market but a few upgrades and a roster update.

But please point in the direction of where I "mis-inform" people on here about anything I say, the same way you have done me today Mr. Myleaguemanager?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #59
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
This is sad and weak.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
My problem is EA simply does not know how to streamline things. They like to put everything on the user to make things work. I honestly feel like this is another half hearted, half finished mode. If someone is cheesing I have to message whoever the group admin is, and hope that he kicks him and doesn't think I am just being a sore loser. But by that point I already quit or lost a game, or even won a cheesy game, which the whole point of these lobbies is to avoid that.

All of that headache when EA could just add options in their menu to have standard rules. That is what I was expecting, but I guess that was way to optimistic for EA Sports.
People should be able to manage themselves, don't you think? That is how you build strong communities. If the NFL coaches reflected the same rules that some simmers call for, the Saints would not have a Superbowl win. I trust a community can regulate themselves and allow there to be a diversity of players. The main aim to a community should be to 1. keep out quitters, 2. keep out glitchers, 3. promote fun play that keeps play fair for all players, and 4. offer unique playing experiences.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #61
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Smoke6 and CRMosier_LM take it to PM or off this site. Both of you have active warnings and if any mod has to come step in again you'll be gone there will not be another warning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 9

So what happens if OS has 2000 community members before you get the game? I pre-ordered madden from amazon and I don't believe I'll get the game and/or get the opportunity to play it until the Friday after the game comes out after school. How fast do you think this will fill up?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #63
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

For some reason this announcement didn't do much for me... It's probably because I'm so invested into offline franchise that online play is almost meaningless to me. But I'm glad all of you online players are getting a kick out of it. I'll definitely try it out but hope you guys who will use it often really do like it. Madden 12 is shaping up to be one of the best yet
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #64
Banned

So...wait...Communities is basically just a filtered/custom in-game friend list?

lol

Posted using the power of knowledge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »