Home

EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play..

This is a discussion on EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play.

I'll be honest, I play defense from the offensive view, but that's only because I didn't know you could change it in the first place lol
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play.

seriously needs to be put back in. one of the things I hate about madden is the D camera. Should have the option of behind the player on D. They'll probably put it back in next year as a 'new feature'

Last edited by pale lung; 07-25-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #19
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think it was serious? I have the full response -- I could transcribe it if there is enough demand.

Like this post if you want the whole response -- not sure how much more there is, but I'm sure it's a bit more in-depth.
I don't need the whole response I just don't get it. I understand synching issues if one team is in classic view and the other in the new (well last year new) view. However couldn't you make that an option on game set up and everyone needs to play the same camera angle.

Honestly I don't even recall the controls being different from the times I played it last year.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #20
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
So does this mean there is no camera at all behind the defensive. Whether is be the defensive player lock camera like NCAA or during OTP?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
So does this mean there is no camera at all behind the defensive. Whether is be the defensive player lock camera like NCAA or during OTP?
Yes I believe so, i havent heard anything discussed about player lock for any modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Playing DEFENSE from the OFFENSE's point of view makes no sense. Please explain it to me. If you want to play defense that way then play head to head. Team play's saving grace was that it was DIFFERENT from H2H in the sense that you control a squad, NOT the entire defense. If that is the case, the camera should reflect the squad you are controlling. Madden 11 did it right, I dont understand why they had to go and screw it all up.

The old mantra still applies EA. If it aint broke, dont fix it. You tried to fix it, and now its broken cuz you forgot how to put all the pieces back to together again. Now i paid 60$ for humpty dumpty to sit on my coffee table because it is an unplayable waste. All I play in madden is OTP since it was released last year, because I actually have friends that enjoy playing football with me and now our experience has been ruined.

I agree that allowing for the option to chose your camera is best, but for the love of Haysus Kristo muchachos, at least give us the Def Player Lock option. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont make me return the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »