Home

Franchise create a teams and building new stadiums?

This is a discussion on Franchise create a teams and building new stadiums? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Franchise create a teams and building new stadiums?

I guess you can't go through a few months before a thread like this pops up. The answer is simple: EA has to do it this way because of NFL Properties. All 32 teams are protected by the NFL, and any change to the appearance of a team means that it is in violation of the agreement between EA and the NFL. That means that if you change the stadium, or add a new uniform, or do something that changes the identity of a club, it is in violation of this agreement. I rarely defend EA, but this is something that isn't their fault.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 13

Wow that sucks.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I guess you can't go through a few months before a thread like this pops up. The answer is simple: EA has to do it this way because of NFL Properties. All 32 teams are protected by the NFL, and any change to the appearance of a team means that it is in violation of the agreement between EA and the NFL. That means that if you change the stadium, or add a new uniform, or do something that changes the identity of a club, it is in violation of this agreement. I rarely defend EA, but this is something that isn't their fault.

Just a note on this...as recently as Madden 08 old gen, I could do this, change uni's, stadiums etc. Did something change in the agreement? I thought the same agreement in effect then is what they still have now. Can you explain this?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

in regards to the license agreement the fact that EA ships the game with the teams correct should be enough. they are not the ones changing things we
Old 08-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #13
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Just a note on this...as recently as Madden 08 old gen, I could do this, change uni's, stadiums etc. Did something change in the agreement? I thought the same agreement in effect then is what they still have now. Can you explain this?
I would think that they are phasing it out for the older consoles. Not many people play on the older systems for newer Maddens.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

Sorry, I've been a little busy. Has this been answered yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »