Home

Franchise create a teams and building new stadiums?

This is a discussion on Franchise create a teams and building new stadiums? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Franchise create a teams and building new stadiums?

I was reading through the questions thread and saw similar questions numerous times not answered about creating new stadiums and moving teams without changing their logos and names.

So, there has been a lot of hype about how they're giving people us 75 roster spots for the thrill of cutting 22 would be third-stringers. But what I really want to know is whether I can finally move the St Louis Rams to an outdoor stadium?

Also, is create-a-team still the same as it was in the past? Has it even been confirmed that it's still in the game? Or have they taken this away in order to allow us the thrill of cutting 22 would be third-stringers?

Can anyone shed any light on this? Ive been trying to google for this info but its hard with all the non-related clutter that is generated.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Franchise create a teams and building new stadiums?

There has been no news on create-a-team...without assuming too much, that would lead one to believe there isn't much to say regarding it.

I could also gather that you can't move the Rams to outdoor without moving the entire team/uniforms. I can't prove it, but I'm just saying..It wasn't talked about, it hasn't changed in years..so..I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't want to go on record saying it's not any different and then bam...full fledged editor, you know? Same thing other way around too. So, I guess nobody can tell you but the odds aren't looking good for either.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
There has been no news on create-a-team...without assuming too much, that would lead one to believe there isn't much to say regarding it.

I could also gather that you can't move the Rams to outdoor without moving the entire team/uniforms. I can't prove it, but I'm just saying..It wasn't talked about, it hasn't changed in years..so..I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't want to go on record saying it's not any different and then bam...full fledged editor, you know? Same thing other way around too. So, I guess nobody can tell you but the odds aren't looking good for either.
Everything you said makes sense. And I would even say that you're probably not assuming too much. EA hypes everything even if its not that great...even if it was already in one of their games 10 years ago, they'd try to hype it as a "new" feature. And so its very reasonable to assume that they did nothing with it -- Again!

This is really annoying. I didnt even bother with Madden last year because they did nothing to franchise mode. They repeatedly said they would right that wrong this year and instead of real features like stadium creator, EA is forcing us to cut 22 would be 3rd stringers. I really hope EA doesnt try to claim that setting the prices of hotdogs (like you could do on the previous generation) is too tedious. Cutting 22 would be backups is really no less tedious than setting ticket prices. And at least setting ticket prices allowed us to build new stadiums.

I just thought I'd ask on this very specific topic since I saw others asking it without ever seeing any answers. I was kind of hoping someone might know and could possibly tell me some good news about the neglect of franchise mode. It really looks like they just tackled the low hanging fruit that people asked about and avoided anything of depth.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Not for nothing, but EA has added dynamic player ratings and progression, a new scouting system, a new free agency system, finally got player roles into new gen, fixed the IR, and finally added roster slots that everyone has been begging for since Head Coach 09. Franchise mode is pretty much brand new this year, so to act like they've done nothing is absolutely ridiculous.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Not for nothing, but EA has added dynamic player ratings and progression, a new scouting system, a new free agency system, finally got player roles into new gen, fixed the IR, and finally added roster slots that everyone has been begging for since Head Coach 09. Franchise mode is pretty much brand new this year, so to act like they've done nothing is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah but I see his point. To me its ludicrous not to have a simple option to build a new stadium without relocating and renaming the team. How hard would that be? And I agree that while the dpp and progression and scouting system etc is great (and believe you me, I'm on line at midnight at gamestop to pick up my reserved copy) the expanded rosters does not excite me at all. It will be tedious to have to go through and cut guys that were never going to make the team anyway...plus it forces you to play through exhibition games (which I always sim) to get their ratings...to me that's a giant pain in the arse.
I'm glad that they are helping players to play more realistically, helping the cpu make better choices etc. I really am. But not adding something that they've had in lesser versions of the game, (and they already give you the ability to build a stadium, why can't that be done with the same team) is frustrating. I've enjoyed older madden versions because I like to give the Vikes an outdoor stadium...alas I don't even use them as a chise anymore because I get tired of the dome after a season or two. It's just silly not to have that. And I suggest a "wait and see" attitude on their "improvements"....in the past I never noticed player roles making one bit of difference in gameplay. And DPP, if not implemented correctly could yield a nightmare of streakiness by players. Imagine having Brady in a "cold streak" where he is not completing 50% of his passes for a few games. Or some scrub plays like a hall of famer for a few games....no thanks.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
TheSaints7

OVR:

I hope they add more options to the creating team and stadiums. Also I wish that when you create a player you can put them in your created team without having to go to the drafting session in franschise mode. Also I hope that building your own stadium is better to. You were limited in Madden 11.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

You guys must be reading my mind, i found my old memory card and Madden 06 on PS2 and the Create-A-Team mode blows the "next-gen" away by a mile. Like most of you i wont hold my breath on being able to move teams, create a new building, and new uniforms without creating an entirely new team. However, i still don't understand why they don't allow you to do simple sh#t like create a Home, Away, AND Alternate, or allow you to choose between them at the pre game screen. I admit im a visual guy, i like seeing the different shoe, glove, accesories, and the different colors. You should at least be able to do that IMO.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm extremely happy about some of the additions to franchise mode. The ability to edit players in franchise mode is alone enough to make me buy the game this year (just imagine the possibilities!).

But I fully agree that there are still many many many things missing from franchise mode. I worry that EA will take our happiness with the new features as an excuse to rest on their laurels and not improve franchise mode again next season. I have several pages worth of suggestions for franchise mode waiting for the devs in my signature, so I hope they don't try to pretend that the mode is perfect now.

That being said, I think Josh Looman understands us franchise players pretty well, and the thing is moving in the right direction.

BUT this problem with moving teams and rebuilding stadiums has been around for a while, and they must know about it. If nothing has been done, it will be very disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »