Home

Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond

We posted a lot of stories about Online Communities in Madden 12 yesterday, but I wanted to write one more feature about these Communities to better explain and detail a couple elements at work here. So hit the jump to read a bit more detailed look at what Online Communities is trying to accomplish in Madden 12 and beyond.

Read More - Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 48
Sounds like you all have given this OC thing a second glance or chance; and are encouraging us to try it out.
I hope this doesnt have anything to do with Operation Sports being billboarded within Madden12...? lol
cheers
Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13
Wait, there is an in game ticker? Are they just talking about the NFL.com ticker in the menu or have they added that to games? If so, another much needed element from NFL 2k5 haha.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10
My question remains why add a new feature and neglect a current feature that is incomplete? Oh for the second straight year by the way.

I don't think the online community feature is the worst idea EA has ever had ( I reserve that for Madden IQ and pretty much everything else from '09). I just question why you would not push it to next year and finish online franchises that they boasted about for '10 and have abandoned. I'm sorry but I do not see this feature taking off like the NHL one.

I certainly don't think it is a good business practice to put in a feature that is incomplete. Admit it is incomplete. Talk about how you are excited to finish it (server side) and then ignore it for TWO years. For that they have lost my respect FOREVER. Fortunately for them they will not lose my business because I love football gaming too much and there is no other game in town.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
For this long, long time customer of the Madden series, it's really a trust issue now. Do I trust that this will be a fully functioning feature addition to Madden or will this be another half done feature thrown into the game that's just going to disappear in 2 years? Do you?

Is this "Community" feature really going to be that much of a revelation in online Madden gaming or is it something else that we'll just have to skip through to get to the good old lobbies?

Put another way, I know with a fairly high level of certainty that there would be keen interest and vibrant discussion just here @ OS about a robust Online Franchise system, at the very least equal to it's sister game in NCAA.

Anyways, congrats to OS on being in Madden at release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond

Why do I feel everywhere I turn I'm getting the hard sell on how wonderful this feature is?

Perhaps there is already concern thanks to the lukewarm reception. I think it is telling this huge announcement garnered only a small thread of discussion and most of it wasn't positive.

I see the point of the feature and what they are trying to accomplish but it's really not an excitement worthy announcement IMO.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Why do I feel everywhere I turn I'm getting the hard sell on how wonderful this feature is?

Perhaps there is already concern thanks to the lukewarm reception. I think it is telling this huge announcement garnered only a small thread of discussion and most of it wasn't positive.

I see the point of the feature and what they are trying to accomplish but it's really not an excitement worthy announcement IMO.
You're 100% right. This feature was really hyped up at E3, saying this feature will change online gaming forever. Just like a lot of their features, it doesn't reach all the hype given to it. Still seems like a decent feature though.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal

I couldn't agree more with this. I feel like it's groundhog day with this team. Every year they make a massively huge screw up with priority, they acknowledge the screw up at the start of the following year's cycle, then proceed to make yet ANOTHER large screw up topping the year before. The majority of people who play online ranked games were fine with the lobby system they had. They are a win at all costs type of crowd. They already had what they needed, because they will play against anyone, it doesn't matter. As an older gamer who has been playing football games since the stone age, and has had an xbox for 11 years, this is something I already have. I have a friends list which I use to play guys frequently. I already know how they play and that I will get a good sim game. What I really needed was a rich, robust online franchise mode to allow that group of friends to enjoy madden together the way we have wanted for years now. Online franchise is not just for leagues. I want to be play with a few friends. I still can't do it. Sometimes I feel like working at Tiburon must mean that you live on a different planet. The most logical ideas and thought processes seem to be completely absent. The announcement coming with this said that it would completely revolutionize how I played Madden. That announcement in itself is absolutely unbelievable to me. This is nothing revolutionary, and I can already see the problems that will arise from this. There will be tons of issues with people getting booted from communities that shouldn't be and people being added to communities that shouldn't be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »