Home

EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

This is a discussion on EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:43 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

Not getting this. Just Madden 11 with updated rosters. What's the point of playing an out of date franchise with current rosters? I'm gonna wait until 13. Sorry EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
An utterly impractical and ridiculous idea IMO
Sorry sir, I thought we all have opinions but now with "31's" comment I understand now. Anyway as a PERSON, I"ll do it for the love of the fans. Just like why I play football (the love of the game). Money is not always the answer to things, sure you lose a couple millions but wouldn't it be worth it if the fans are happier. I mean madden doesn't deserve the fans it has anymore, the last few years was a joke. Madden 12 is looking good though, needless to say it should have looked like this since 09, or even 10. Im glad to see they put in most request in this one, the simple ones I requested. All the helmets, progressive lighting, better tackles, and a few key franchise mode adjustments.I even wrote in something similar to the dynamic player performance.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #43
Rookie

boodahisthe1's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan99
They should have pushed the release date back further so they could implement the new CBA rules.
The release date has already been pushed back far enuff..madden normally comes out the 2nd or 3rd tuesday of august..we now have to wait until the last tuesday in august..i am still upset about that..instead of getting ready to pick up madden in a little over 2 weeks from today, i have to wait another month..on the lighter side i do feel like the wait will be worth it
Old 07-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #44
Rookie

ROSStafarian's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

This is going to kill there fan base with no live, i don't see why anyone without live would pick this up, and why would they?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:25 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I think you misunderstood me. I never said it was ridiculous to "suggest" pushing it back. Its ridiculous to think they will push it back. Its also ridiculous to bash EA for not pushing it back. They simply cannot do it.

In a perfect world the game should be released when its done. So gamers suggesting it be pushed back is totally justified. I would totally be ok with it being pushed back 3 months if thats what it took to get a great football game. Only problem is, it will never happen.
I think th fair route would be to release it not at full price. EA is opening themselves up to lawsuits by releasing it this way. They are protecting themselves. They made a press release saying the new rules won't be in to protect themselves. But are they still going to advertise the game a certain way, sell the game at full price? The majority of gamers don't even read press releases.

They can't release it at full price and advertise it a certain way by law. It all comes down to how you look at it. What is really utterly ridiculous? EA will pull that stuff and you know they will just to protect themselves from lawsuits and so they can sell the game at full price.

EA already changed their logo from "if it's in the game, it's in the game", to "it's in the game" for this reason probably. Because of lawsuits. IF it was still that original slogan they would lose a lawsuit here.

My opinion is the game should be finished so everyone is happy. But yeah like you say good luck. Which is unfortunate.

EA has every right to protect their business. There is nothing wrong with that. My opinion is gamers should be allowed to say what they like. There is nothing wrong with that either.

I think ultimately gamers just want the best football game possible. I know from my perspective i'd rather pay full price. Have a great game. Then save 10 dollars. The same goes for waiting. I'd rather wait. Have the best game possible. EA is trying to run a business and maximize their potential and releases the game every year. I think they are trying to release the best football game they can. But not at the sacrifice of their business. Which is obviously smart. What's really important? Their livelyhood or a football game? But that's the reality of it.

Last edited by Celtic34; 07-30-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSStafarian
This is going to kill there fan base with no live, i don't see why anyone without live would pick this up, and why would they?
Well, blame the NFL, not Madden's team. It's not their fault the idiot NFL players and owners took too long to get a deal done.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #47
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSStafarian
What's the difference? I thought it wasn't going to be patched in either?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #48
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

No surprises here.

I'm excited to play with all the new look teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »