Home

Final cut down day roster size?

This is a discussion on Final cut down day roster size? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Final cut down day roster size?

I've read you can start with up to 75 players at the beginning of camp, but with no practice squad...to what number do you have to cut down? 55 like in the past? I've seen 54 out there on the net. Anyone know for real?

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Final cut down day roster size?

the final number is 55 but rather than practice squads depth charts act like in real life if you want proof go to madden sight click on features and the blogs describe it
Old 07-30-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

why 55??? so IR doesnt' work again?? its very confusing on how this will work, if where gonna be stuck with generic boring random players I wont even bother cutting the big name players... what I am worried about is the default rosters will only be the 55 players so that means we are still back to square one
Old 07-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

quote from the blog about final roster numbers and IR:

If expanded rosters is the most requested community feature, fixing injured reserve is a close second.
It’s great that adding expanded rosters actually allowed us to fix IR since the game can now handle having more than 55 players on a team.
This year, players are automatically placed on IR and that opens up a roster spot for the team to sign a replacement for him.
CPU controlled teams now place players on injured reserve and sign a replacement if they need to.

Frachise blog:
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 07-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Good to see IR is fixed then, then maybe EA won't delete players this year

so what is the actual limit of the DEFAULT rostesr??? not the franchise file the DEFAULT rosters does it also have 75 players? and we pick starters for exibition games and online? how the hell is this going to work I also read somewhere that LS will finally be in the game.

if the limit of the default rosters is 53+ IR players i would assume but who knows very confusing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

by reading this

In year one, the shipped rosters will probably be pretty full. I’m guessing each team will have around 70 real players on the roster.

That tells me the Default rosters are going to have about 75 players!!!! I hope this is true that is what I like to hear, we will hardly need to create players if its true
Old 07-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
by reading this

In year one, the shipped rosters will probably be pretty full. I’m guessing each team will have around 70 real players on the roster.

That tells me the Default rosters are going to have about 75 players!!!! I hope this is true that is what I like to hear, we will hardly need to create players if its true
From the blog:

"In year one, the shipped rosters will probably be pretty full. I’m guessing each team will have around 70 real players on the roster.

In future years, we’ll add training camp invites to the rosters to expand them up to 75."

What do people think about having the weekly roster updates Donny Moore does included when starting up franchise mode. Doesn't default rosters make the most sense? With DPP kicked in, we don't need Donny Moore's increases and decreases week by week, because that will all depend on OUR franchise not the real life franchise.

Last edited by at23steelers; 07-30-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
Banned

Just one question....

Why is the roster 55 players when the final roster should be 53? I dont understand why they added two extra roster spots when the team will only have 53 active players on the roster at any given time. Oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »