Home

Madden 12 should include rookie salary cap

This is a discussion on Madden 12 should include rookie salary cap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 12 should include rookie salary cap

I was very excited about Madden, but the fact that they aren't including any of the CBA changes seems just lazy to me.

Most of the changes are understandably going to be omitted, but a rookie salary cap should be relatively easy to implement. It was a foregone conclusion that this would be included in the CBA so the fact that the crew at Madden isn't prepared to include it (with almost a month left in production at the time of the CBA agreement) is lazy.

There are a lot of possible solutions to include this and I'm really disappointed that these franchise-changing features likely won't make it in (through patch or otherwise).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 12 should include rookie salary cap

You a video game programmer in your spare time?

No... implementing something like that is not "easy".
Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
You a video game programmer in your spare time?

No... implementing something like that is not "easy".
Nothing is "easy" in programming or coding for sports games, but what I'm saying is that if there was another NFL game, they would both be working their butts off to get these rules in.

If they aren't including them, we should at least receive a good explanation ratherthan the BS "its too late". They aren't rookies at this. If they thought it would hurt their sales, then they would get it in the game.

What was the point of extending the release date if they weren't going to work hard in that extra time?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacrazy
Nothing is "easy" in programming or coding for sports games, but what I'm saying is that if there was another NFL game, they would both be working their butts off to get these rules in.

If they aren't including them, we should at least receive a good explanation ratherthan the BS "its too late". They aren't rookies at this. If they thought it would hurt their sales, then they would get it in the game.

What was the point of extending the release date if they weren't going to work hard in that extra time?
Why don't you go get the new CBA, dissect it piece by piece, and implement all of that code in only a few weeks (really a week) time? The game is mostly done by now, and changing something so complex when they are already at the print shop is not going to happen. Furthermore, doing something so fast would include sloppy work, and there could be a major bug that results from the new line of text. It's not because of laziness on EA's part; it's because the NFL and NFLPA came to a conclusion too late for it to be put into the game. That goes for EA and any other competition.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4
It's WAY too late in the dev cycle to be adding new layers like this. This is the kind of thing that would need to be added in the first month of the cycle, not the last month. Look for it next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacrazy
I was very excited about Madden, but the fact that they aren't including any of the CBA changes seems just lazy to me.

Most of the changes are understandably going to be omitted, but a rookie salary cap should be relatively easy to implement. It was a foregone conclusion that this would be included in the CBA so the fact that the crew at Madden isn't prepared to include it (with almost a month left in production at the time of the CBA agreement) is lazy.

There are a lot of possible solutions to include this and I'm really disappointed that these franchise-changing features likely won't make it in (through patch or otherwise).

The Madden Dev team is pretty good, IMO, but not that good where they could have predicted the new CBA agreement. I'm sure if an agreement would have been met during the cycle the rules would have been implemented. Give them a break, there is only so much time within a cycle.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

hes a surprise for you the game is basically already finished they would have to push it back again
Old 07-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm not sure if the OP is being serious or not, but if so...he knows little to nothing about making a video game. The game was around a month from release when this news came out about the new cap...no time to work on it, much less implement it for this year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »