Home

Asomugha Makes The Eagles The Team To Beat Online In Madden 12

This is a discussion on Asomugha Makes The Eagles The Team To Beat Online In Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Asomugha Makes The Eagles The Team To Beat Online In Madden 12

Yesterday, we all got blown away when seemingly out of nowhere the Philadelphia Eagles swooped in and signed the biggest free agent of the year in Nnamdi Asomugha. At this point, this makes the Eagles the most dynamic team that will be available to players in Madden NFL 12 in my personal opinion. They have a lot of weapons but they are not without their weaknesses and I’m going to tell you how to compensate for them if they are your team and exploit them if you have to face them. Let’s break this down.

Offense

At QB, the Eagles are set with Mike Vick and Vince Young who I can see folks giving people nightmares out of the pocket, I would suggest using a lot of QB spy when you play the Eagles this year. With Both Vick and VY, a spy will be necessary no matter which one is in the game.

At RB, the Eagles currently have a gang of guys but you figure it will be McCoy, Noel Devine and Derrick Locke. Of those guys, none of them is a power guy with McCoy being the biggest of them. If Devine and Locke make the team they will definitely give the Eagles some burners out of the backfield but I’m still concerned that they don’t have a bruiser that can get them the short yardage and would like to see them do something there.

At WR, honestly I’m concerned. The only star receiver they have is Desean Jackson and he’s holding out, though with the new rules I thinks he reports on time. Even if he reports I don’t know how he performs if he is upset about his contract. Jeremy Maclin is there and he’s a great speed guy, gives them a solid choice at the slot but he’s complimentary at best and without Jackson to open the field up he couldn’t be as effective. They have Riley Cooper but he is more of a possession receiver and Sinorice Rice just hasn’t done anything else of note in the NFL. There are a lot of free agent WR’s out there and I would definitely like to see them go after a few of them such as Malcolm Floyd, Braylon Edwards or even Plaxico Burress. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them possibly leverage Asante to maybe pull of a trade and improve at this spot too. All else fails Vick can always dump it off to Celek when he’s under pressure and don’t sleep on Ingram out of Florida. Bottom line is that if the Eagles don’t add another legitimate WR I would play a lot of press coverage against them and double Jackson. Nobody else is going to burn you.

Defense

At DE, the Eagles added Jason Babin to pair up with Trent Cole and that should mean nightmares for opposing QB’s. They also have Ricky Sapp and hopefully Brandon Graham can get healthy (PUP) they should have a solid pass rush on every down. With guys like Broderick Bunkley and Mike Patterson they shouldn’t be vulnerable up the middle either.

At LB, this is where the Eagles are vulnerable. They really need to get Ernie Sims resigned as a top priority. They did draft Clay Matthews younger brother Casey, but it remains to be seen if he has even half the talent on an NFL level that his brother has. After those two, it’s really a bunch of guys you have never heard of. If they don’t perhaps use Samuels to acquire some help at LB, I would definitely be looking to run a lot of slant and crossing routes against the Eagles to expose those LBs. They will also be vulnerable to quick passes out of the backfield to the RBs and as well as any running plays that press the edges and force LBs to come and make a play.

At CB, this is of course whether the Eagles are going to be really tough. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (DRC) and Asomugha will make it difficult to get a solid passing game going and it will be difficult to beat either one of them over the top. If you have to go at one, it’s definitely DRC but I think he plays well in this defense and perhaps returns to Pro Bowl form. If they keep Samuels then he makes them tough in the slot too, but it doesn’t look likely that Samuels sticks around. With or without him the Eagles won’t have a lot of holes in secondary though there may be some room to exploit a weak safety core so perhaps signing a veteran safety like Deon Grant or Donte Whitner could be in order. It’s tough to give any good tips here as there aren’t a lot of weaknesses. I’ll say this though, focus on routes that have built-in spacing such as outs and quick slants. I wouldn’t recommend comebacks and deep slants which will give a lot of opportunity for Nnamdi and DRC to use their unique speed to close on the ball and if they do that then they could be intercepting the ball and going the other way for six in no time.

Link to the story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Asomugha Makes The Eagles The Team To Beat Online In Madden 12

I always like to see my team in lights, but it lost a bit of credibility when saying Ernie Sims was a "top priority" to re-sign..He was probably the worst LB the Eagles have fielded since the days of Matt McCoy...Couldn't stop the run, whiffed on coverages, I missed Dhani Jones watching Sims play..

Also, Jeremy Maclin is a better WR than DeSean Jackson. DeSean is the better playmaker. He is far from "complimentary", IMO. Of course, I'm an Eagles fan, but Maclin has been much more consistant than Jackson since he came into the league in 09.

Regardless, I am more than excited to use my dudes in green this year in Madden 12.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 07-30-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

OVR: 2

The only star receiver they have is Jackson? You're forgetting Maclin, he had more touch downs than Jackson did, 10 as oposed to 6.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14

I buy madden strictly to play with my eagles, never played with another team in 6 years. Its already hard to get a online game in b/c everyone picks eagles or tired of playing against them, M12 is gonna be worse b/c all that speed on Offense and 3 pro bowl corners will be too tempting for online gamers to pass up
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 07-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

I won't play against someone online who is the Eagles...I hate cheesers. I want a good, clean, fair game(as fair as it can get online with virtual strangers) and just to have fun...not chase Michael Vick every play, as well as them subbing in VY on some packages and running when Vick is tired, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

and I will still work they *** with the packers...nuff said.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9

Might as well just take this to the NFC North ratings thread...there's already an Eagles/Packers thread there.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I always like to see my team in lights, but it lost a bit of credibility when saying Ernie Sims was a "top priority" to re-sign..He was probably the worst LB the Eagles have fielded since the days of Matt McCoy...Couldn't stop the run, whiffed on coverages, I missed Dhani Jones watching Sims play..

Also, Jeremy Maclin is a better WR than DeSean Jackson. DeSean is the better playmaker. He is far from "complimentary", IMO. Of course, I'm an Eagles fan, but Maclin has been much more consistant than Jackson since he came into the league in 09.

Regardless, I am more than excited to use my dudes in green this year in Madden 12.
I agree bro Ernie Sims was our worst LB, couldnt cover water lol and they know why ppl downplay maclin talents cuz i also believe he is better than desean, he's more physical and goes up for the ball
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »