Home

The "WOW" factor for madden

This is a discussion on The "WOW" factor for madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The "WOW" factor for madden

"wow moments" are subjective.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...w-moments.html

We had a nice thread about this several months back.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

4 months ago I probably would have prematurely posted "Heck Yea!" about this being the "WOW" factor year but not now. After playing NCAA 12 I honestly think Madden 14 is the target date for a consistent "WOW" factor. I would love for Madden 13 to be the one but looking at things realistically, I don't think so.

It feels like Madden 12 is heading strongly in the direction of EA attempting to make true football sims and not just football video games. I figure DPP, Online communities get the bugs worked out throughout Madden 12 so they are solid for Madden 13. Madden 13 adds full Online Franchise, Dynamic Commentary, having that solid by Madden 14 which probably finally adds a physics model and online Spectator Mode to visually moderate their online cash cow.

Somewhere in the span of the next 2 cycles, the powers that be realize the huge revenue that can be generated from fundamentally solid football games and realism becomes the standard "out the box" with true football risk/reward while "freestyle" play is customizable, instead of t how it has been for the past 6 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a wow moment when watching the KC@NYJ vids. At the two minute warning, the it switches to the camera behind the endzone and pans from the crowd towards the field with the goalposts in the middle. It looked sick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M12 ss.jpg (106.1 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by jetup2343; 08-03-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolan33
The wow moment starts for me whenever I look at images of the game, and generally ends whenever I see the game in action.
Same here... Thats Madden for you.. Unfortunately 2012 will probably be the same.. sad but true..
Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
"wow moments" are subjective.
Life is subjective. Me saying this is subjective, everything is subjective. Madden is boring. I've been playing Madden for 15 years, NEVER sold a Madden until this year. I love realistic football but I enjoy BBV more right now then I would Madden 11. I will give Madden 12 a chance but frankly the videos look like they just added a few new animations as usual. Presentation blows life!! screw presentation, sick of that talk. Gameplay is the true determining factor when it comes to actually enjoying the game or not. Right now BBV's gameplay is better then Madden's canned animation system and predetermined silliness. I mean really you break every first tackle when you juke, so stupid.

Rant over.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

The WOW factor for me came in Madden '03.

When I started playing Madden, you had to get your boys together in the same room. As I got older that was harder to do. BAM... Online play.

I don't have to wait for the fellas to come over. I don't have to go to their place. I can play anybody that WANTS TO PLAY from my own living room without feeding them or having them fart on my couch. Did I mention clothing is optional?

These abilities are worth $60 to me. Since then, nothing has WOWED me more.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »