Home

Anyone Get Replacement CD Yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone Get Replacement CD Yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 06:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone Get Replacement CD Yet?

only an idiot would take their email to mean weeks after labor day. When you use a day or date as a reference it usually (well should) mean that it will be very close (within the same week) of that day. They could have very easily said MID sept or LATE sept.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Maybe they said after Labor Day because they're unsure of how many replacement discs they are going to have to print. Obviously if they get a lot of manual pages it's going to take longer for them to ship all of them out. If they recieved a few then they would be sent out maybe a day or two after Labor Day. They sent that email out saying after Labor Day without having any idea how many they'll be recieving. Just be glad you didn't have to send your original Madden disc and have no Madden at all.

Lucky for me I live about 15 minutes from EA so I'll get mine first hopefully.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:49 PM   #11
Rookie

actually I just rented ESPN and after on game I am VERY impressed!!! Maybe I'll just trade Madden in and forget about classes. I'm sick of waiting. From what I see SEGA desearves my money more than EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 07:55 PM   #12
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

VenomEB said:
actually I just rented ESPN and after on game I am VERY impressed!!! Maybe I'll just trade Madden in and forget about classes. I'm sick of waiting. From what I see SEGA desearves my money more than EA.

nobody really cares but hey, your choice. too bad you can't wait. have fun with ESPN.

Old 09-06-2003, 01:03 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

VenomEB said:
only an idiot would take their email to mean weeks after labor day. When you use a day or date as a reference it usually (well should) mean that it will be very close (within the same week) of that day. They could have very easily said MID sept or LATE sept.

No, only an idiot would think they would get their replacement disk the week of labor day.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:28 AM   #14
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

IMO, the only idiots are people who bicker over what their interpretation of an e-mail from EA may say.

Get a grip people and just hope we receive our free disc before Christmas.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:53 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

VenomEB said:
Quote:

they said they'll ship after labor day, they didn't say we'd have them by labor day. "after labor day" could mean october for all we know.

Well since you seem to wanna defend EA pal why didn't they say October if they meant October??? Why pick Labor Day (SEPT 1) and really MEAN october?? Makes no sense to me! Maybe in ur crazy little head but not most people that live in a little place I like to call reality.

you don't understand my post at all. i am in no way defending EA. here was my point. by EA saying the discs would ship after labor day, they get you, the angry, impatient, idiot of a customer off their back. this is because you read "after labor day" and think, "great i'll have it by sept. 2nd."

now myself on the other hand, am able to look at the problem from a customer service standpoint, where "after labor day" means "whenever the hell we want to send it after sept. 2nd." am i happy about that? absolutely not. i want my damn game too.

they didn't commit to a date in the email. they simply said that it would take 3 weeks to manufacture the discs and that they would ship after labor day. if they said that discs would ship out sept 2nd, then you would have a valid point, but they didn't, so you don't.

and don't call me pal, because i hate you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 07:42 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

VenomEB said:

nobody really cares but hey, your choice. too bad you can't wait. have fun with ESPN.

LOVE THE PIC!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »