Home

I Don't Understand All the Madden Haters!

This is a discussion on I Don't Understand All the Madden Haters! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I Don't Understand All the Madden Haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
I guess people are haters when they want:

1)No skating-In other words the want there man to move there legs.

2)Pass trajectory problem.

3)And other yearly problems.

Tuner set and sliders shouldn"t cover bad programing.(In other words where not 60$ Beta testers.)
I guess we are all HATERS when we see the same problems year after year.
NO your a ***** when you refuse to acknowledge the improvements, when you nitpick the negatives without giving any attention to the positives, when you blindly bash the game with no real argument to back it up. Nobody has a problem with the game being called out for its flaws, its when the whole EA is terrible, they bought the license cause they were scared, Madden 12 looks the same as 11 talk comes up.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden would be a lot better if it had competition each year.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
NO your a ***** when you refuse to acknowledge the improvements, when you nitpick the negatives without giving any attention to the positives, when you blindly bash the game with no real argument to back it up. Nobody has a problem with the game being called out for its flaws, its when the whole EA is terrible, they bought the license cause they were scared, Madden 12 looks the same as 11 talk comes up.
Just because they add improvemnets,they shouldn't given a pass on yearly bugs.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable
Madden would be a lot better if it had competition each year.
Was it better when ESPN 2K was their competition?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Just because they add improvemnets,they shouldn't given a pass on yearly bugs.
Nobody is giving them a pass. Dont know where that came from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
You got it all wrong, Madden did not take 2K away from you, the NFL did. The NFL decided to put the license up for bid and EA out bid the competition. EA did not have a secret meeting with the NFL where they convinced them to go exclusive. If you have any hate over 2K being gone it should be 50% towards the NFL for deciding to sell the license, and 50% towards 2K for not out bidding EA.
My understanding is that it was a no-bid situation. The NFL approached and offered them exclusive rights for a price. Had EA and the NFL not come to an agreement, then the NFL would have approached someone else, likely Visual Concepts [the makers of 2k]

As far as "hate" for Madden, many of us are disappointed in how far the franchise itself fell regardless of the competition. Aside from graphics, Madden 12 looks to be the first game on this generation of consoles to compare to last gen game play and features. it has some new innovations and ideas, but it is also still missing some nice classic features as well. remember, it wasn't until Madden 10 that we got Referees back in the game!

On top of that, when you play APF2K8, you don't see a perfect game, but you do see a much better on field representation of the sport we love. Momentum, physics, weight, positioning and more actually matter in that game. For example, by positioning I don't mean just mean where a defender is standing, but where he is facing, if his hips are turned or not, etc. This is simply not the case in Madden.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
My understanding is that it was a no-bid situation. The NFL approached and offered them exclusive rights for a price. Had EA and the NFL not come to an agreement, then the NFL would have approached someone else, likely Visual Concepts [the makers of 2k]
That's incorrect, it was widely reported that it was an open bid process.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idobrl
Am I the only one who sees the leaps and bounds EA has taken in the name of gameplay upgrades in the last couple of years? I've been Looking at 12 footage from E3 in slo mo and it is the best player Interaction I've ever seen. And still, these guys on youtube are making false videos saying it's 12 when it's not. Saying it's the same game as last year when clearly it's not. Manipulating plays to make Madden look worse than it really is. This is coming from a guy who plays 2k as well. I would love some feedback on this.
EA has dropped the ball in almost every concievable way on next gen. Madden 12 is still light years behind, in terms of options and gameplay, than where it was pre next gen. I does one thing better, graphics..that's it. And progress has been so painfully slow that people like me are just plain fed up. They do some little tweak or option each year and call it a new feature. Stuff that seems like it could be patched into any other game, that's how insignificant the changes are year to year. And the fact that it's our only "NFL" option only adds to the rage...quite frankly, if there was another viable "NFL" option I wouldn't really care how bad EA blows or has blown it with Madden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »