Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #65
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
so you're telling me you'd rather 4 less tds, 4 less ints and 30 more sacks from your QB?...really?('09)

Brees is as good as there has ever been at commanding and manipulating the pocket...it's been stated countless times by "experts"

and about the "load of BS"..you should watch Drew play...it's pretty fun to watch a QB not act like a statue and take numerous hits or break contain just because his primary and secondary reads are covered
LOL

10 CHAR

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #66
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
so you're telling me you'd rather 4 less tds, 4 less ints and 30 more sacks from your QB?...really?('09)

Brees is as good as there has ever been at commanding and manipulating the pocket...it's been stated countless times by "experts"

and about the "load of BS"..you should watch Drew play...it's pretty fun to watch a QB not act like a statue and take numerous hits or break contain just because his primary and secondary reads are covered

im out..but..watch more football
Lol, I watch Brees play 2-4 times a year; more than I see Rodgers actually (not counting playoff games). And if by 4 more touchdowns, you mean zero more touchdowns (because Rodgers scored just as many touchdowns as Brees did in '09), then yes, I would rather have the same # of touchdowns, less turnovers, and more punts than the same # of touchdowns, more turnovers, and fewer punts because of the fact that you turned it over more.

And I'm a Bucs fan, so I get to see a QB that doesn't just sit like a statue all the time.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #67
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Sooo yeah I idolize Brees and even I think it's safe to say that Rodgers is more athletic then Brees.

I think what this guy is trying to say is Brees is athletic more in amazing footwork(presumably coming from his tennis days). I don't think i've ever seen a guy avoid more sacks with barely moving a a few feet then Brees has(slight side steps, shoulder fakes,etc.)
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #68

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Sooo yeah I idolize Brees and even I think it's safe to say that Rodgers is more athletic then Brees.

I think what this guy is trying to say is Brees is athletic more in amazing footwork(presumably coming from his tennis days). I don't think i've ever seen a guy avoid more sacks with barely moving a a few feet then Brees has(slight side steps, shoulder fakes,etc.)
Well yeah, lol, that's part of what makes Manning, Brady, and Brees elite QBs without having much mobility; they do a great job of avoiding sacks without having to move much.

Not related to you (Chrisksaint), but back to the guy that was saying Brees is just as athletic as Rodgers, what did me saying Brees is nowhere near as good a scrambler as Rodgers have to do with who I would rather take? Lol. But I responded anyway...

Old 08-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #69
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Bleh idk, what i'm finding funny is the fact that Peyton Manning is excluded from this discussion of QBs, he had a down year as well. Supposedly Rivers and Rodgers have better stats then Brees these past few years, but Manning and Brees have almost similar stats since '06(Yes i'm aware Manning was amazing before that, but that's long in the past)
Old 08-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #70

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Bleh idk, what i'm finding funny is the fact that Peyton Manning is excluded from this discussion of QBs, he had a down year as well. Supposedly Rivers and Rodgers have better stats then Brees these past few years, but Manning and Brees have almost similar stats since '06(Yes i'm aware Manning was amazing before that, but that's long in the past)
Manning was better this year. I think Brees was better the year before, but it's really close, and I think we all know Manning will always get a boost for his reputation of controlling the game better than pretty much any QB ever. Whether or not that's fact is a whole other debate, but regardless, he has that reputation. But personally, I've been saying Rodgers was one of the top 1 or 2 QBs in the league pretty much since he became a starter.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Guess I gotta post my top ten

Manning 97
Brady 97
Rodgers 96
Rivers 94
Brees93
Vick 90
Big Ben 88
Eli Manning 86
Matt Ryan 85
Matt Schaub 85
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I wouldn't say Rodgers is more athletic.

Rodgers makes more plays with his feet down the field and by moving outside the pocket.

Brees is very athletic in the pocket and works the pocket about as well or better than anyone in the league. The difference is what Brees does, doesn't show up on the stat sheet, and it's also does not stand out on film unless you are really looking for it, and know what to look for.

They are both great players, for me, though Brees is the better of the two QB's. But that could just be me, and we're literally splitting hairs. I think the OVR rating in Madden is useless as is arguing over those ratings.

I think when comparing the Top 5 QB's. (Manning, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Brady) they all can make arguments for being the top guy, and as I said you are essentially splitting hairs when trying to compare them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »