Home

Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread)

This is a discussion on Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread)

I am changing my mind with my CB. I will not walk on to HOU or DET. OAK is the perfect team for me. I want to play alot of Man Coverage and Raiders have a Man-Heavy defensive scheme. So I will be able to be a shutdown corner.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatRobSaid
I was going to walk on a team in Madden, would you guys rather walk on a team or get drafted, I'd like to get drafted just to see where I end up but, if I go to a team I don't want to go to. a waste.
I would walk on if you know the scheme and dont want to start over a great player or just want to go to favorite team.
I would draft if you dont care about starting over players or just want to go to any team.
I know what teams I want to go to so I will walk on. Most are not wanting to start over elite players and scheme. Ex, QB for WASH, RB for IND, CB for OAK, and WR for STL.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

as of right now i am a a freshman CB a TCU, i started as 3rd string but got better and better each game and now im 1st string. We were ranked #3 in the nation but just lost a heart breaker to #2 Boise State on a final second touchdown to lose 21-17. Right now TCU is 9-1 and my guy stats are 24 tackles, 5 Tackles for Lose, 14 Assisted Tackles, 4 int, 1 TD, 3 pass deflections, 2 FF, 1 FR.

Im gonna go into the draft but im not sure yet to go after my junior or senior season.
I dont care where i go but where ever i do end up im hoping to be a shutdown corner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
Rookie

TheDarkKnight50's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm looking forward to this mode in Madden 12.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Theo Huxtable will be taking his talents to the draft. one game left int he regular season as a junior with lsu. I will be leaving after this year. I beleive we will win our second ncaa championship in a row and finish my career 13-1, 14-0 14-0 finishing with 31 wins in a row, back to back national championships, 3 time all american, 3 time bednarik, lombardi and nagurski winner. I have the single season, single game and career sack record both for my school and for ncaa, I'm hoping to hit 100 career sacks by the end of the season. I'm at 94.5 with hopefully 3 games left to play.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #14
Rookie

Nerox23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDay560
as of right now i am a a freshman CB a TCU, i started as 3rd string but got better and better each game and now im 1st string. We were ranked #3 in the nation but just lost a heart breaker to #2 Boise State on a final second touchdown to lose 21-17. Right now TCU is 9-1 and my guy stats are 24 tackles, 5 Tackles for Lose, 14 Assisted Tackles, 4 int, 1 TD, 3 pass deflections, 2 FF, 1 FR.

Im gonna go into the draft but im not sure yet to go after my junior or senior season.
I dont care where i go but where ever i do end up im hoping to be a shutdown corner
Wow you have 4 int's i wish i knew your secert bcuz i cant get a QB to throw on my side 4 nothing! any tips?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox23
Wow you have 4 int's i wish i knew your secert bcuz i cant get a QB to throw on my side 4 nothing! any tips?
On All-American and after 2 seasons I have 15+ INTs. I raised the CPU QB ACC so when he did throw to my side I had a chance
I think it is more of knowing how to bait a QB and having the speed to recover. It is imporant to run your plays precisely. There were tons of plays where I gave up a catch/INT because I did my own thing. Most of my INTs came off of Man Coverage or Red Zone picks. I always try to change to a Man Coverage play. I think it is important to play very tight on Man plays. Also, dont strafe unless it is a lob pass and you have time to get into position. 2-3 times I where strafed and I gave up a easy pick. 1 time on a Man play I think either on a Streak or Fade, The QB throw the ball and I had the WR blanketed, I decided to strafe early to try to pick the ball. I gave up a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox23
I find it to be a mix of timing and speed, gotta have a quick CB and doing as i say the Deion Sanders method, make the QB think the WR got you beat and once the ball is thrown jump all over it. Also when a WR does a a comeback route and stops give a couple yard cushion and once you see the QB turn to your side of the field get ready to break on the ball
(I also got some experience playing CB on RTG, since i make a CB every year)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »