Home

Depth Chart Upgrade

This is a discussion on Depth Chart Upgrade within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #25
Madden NFL Dev

RedZoneD25's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Depth Chart Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
..but what about situations where a team only has 5 WR and two of them get injured during the game? Who will fill in at WR?
Well, keeping the realism aspect, looks like for that game your team will be running 3 wide sets max.

Formerly:
- User & Mod, OS Forums
- EA Sports Game Changer
- Madden Franchise Mode QA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 13

Okay that makes sense. So I suppose you could limit the playbook based on how you fill your depth chart. Seems like a lot of work though.
And at the same time, a real NFL team would probably find someone to sub in for an emergency. I know for sure I have seen a team sub a O-lineman in at DT due to injury. So I could see a TE or even CB playing as the 4th or 5th WR if there were enough injuries.
But when you get P or K playing O-line, then that's just a problem with the code more than anything else I think.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

If you have 5 WR's and two get injured and go on IR, then you only have three receivers and thats it unless you acquire another receiver via trade or free agency. Or you could switch a TE to WR via position and you would then have a 4th WR. In other words, the amount of slots should be the same as how many receivers there are on the roster.

Now, in 2K, the roster was 54 players. I would have 3 QB, 3 RB, 2 FB, 6 WR, 3 TE, 2 C, 4 OG, 4 OT, 4 DT, 4 DE, 4 OLB, 3 ILB, 6 CB, 2 SS, 2 FS, 1 K and 1 P. For 3-4 teams, I would have 3 DT and 4 ILB. There were no empty slots whatsoever because whats the point in having an extra slot if you dont have a player to put there?

In-game, if you run a 4 WR set and only have 3 WR's, the backup TE would be the 4th WR automatically but the difference is that he wouldnt be listed as the 4th WR on your DC and the 2nd TE at the same time.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #28
Wasteland 3-Now Playing

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

For me, the CPU's incompetent depth chart setting in NCAA is more aggravating then every other flaw in the game. Seeing a 6 foot, 207 pound safety playing DT is just not right. The CPU needs to be programmed to use different criteria than they're using now to set those depth charts. As an offline only player I would gladly accept more limitations on my depth chart flexibility if it meant that the CPU wouldn't do ridiculous stuff.

Madden is saved by the fact that with only 32 teams, there won't be a shortage of decently rated players at any position.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #29
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

I opened this thread excited to see this long standing issue has been resolved. Sadly, it appears it isnt. Adding Will/Sam backers instead of the cookie cutter "OLB" slots and add the 1 & 3 techniques at DT in a 40 front instead of "DT" slots 1-4 would be very cool, but probably too much to ask for at this juncture.

Maybe the ability to edit the cpus depth charts or 32 team control would be good stop gaps.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #30
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

if we had formation subs like we used to have the special teams on kick offs punt returns etc would be worked around easy. he just sucks that we have back up QBs being a holder and starters on kick ofs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »