Home

Why aren't people focused on improvement?

This is a discussion on Why aren't people focused on improvement? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Why aren't people focused on improvement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Wow.

I think it is safe to say we will never agree on anything Madden related.
Don't worry. Soon we will agree on something and we'll both be surprised.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #66
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Not to get off track but just defending my point. There were plenty of games where Desean was SHUT DOWN by teams. I'm talking like 1 reception 10 yards. That would never happen in Madden and you and I both know it.

The reason can only be that speed is the #1 factor in Madden, whereas it should be scheme.
I get what your saying but Desean didnt run verticals every play in those games, and maybe the quarterback just didnt throw it to him. Speed alone might have scored him a TD if he did go deep every play and somebody threw him a good pass.

I agree with you that speed is the most important factor in Madden, like I said before. But I think it isn't extremely over-important comparatively
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 13

How did this topic become about the importance of speed in Madden vs the NFL?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #68
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
I think that this is one of the areas that he would like to see improvement.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Merely one of the many tangents this topic lends itself to... Can't improve the game without some extensive debate about elements of the game itself. There will be many tangents all going at once.

One thing is sure: We all want Madden to be better. We simply differ on how.

Speed is a factor in Madden. Some think too much, some think not enough. How speed effects the game of football is directly applicable to how it effects the game in Madden.

Another topic, the value of QB Vision is another that we discuss in effort to better the game. I hate QB Vision with a passion, but I see the points fans have made over the years.

There will be plenty more ancillary discussions all moving at the same time. It's part of the difficulty of developing the game. I'm not envious of the devs as they try to figure out what we REALLY want.

Later
Old 08-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #70
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Lol. I agree that difficulty and sales, don't always mix. There is a game though that has made a name for itself by virtue of it's extreme difficulty, while gathering quite a following, and garnering a fair amount of sales as well. That game is Demon's Souls. An awesome game that I own and love to play.

The sequel is reported to be upping the ante in difficulty. Dollars to donuts Dark Souls sells more than its prequel. So it is possible.

Again, I do agree that isn't the norm though.
The thing is though, assuming Madden is trying to be a NFL simulation game, difficulty created by the game being more realistic should increase sales. Maybe I just misread some EA marketing ploy years ago but I think it has been said the goal is for Madden to be a NFL simulation game. I don't see why anyone buying the game should expect anything less than that.

I would not go out and buy NBA Jams and expect anything other then an arcade basketball game. Likewise, I don't feel Madden should be trying to do anything but be as realistic as possible, period. This whole idea of finding a balance between realism and fun, as if they are two separate goals in a simulation, that has been espoused by various developers, is what has kept Madden from being a quality NFL simulation, imo.

To make a simulation game more accessible to the masses, options should be included to automate the more difficult parameters, not watering down or removing those parameters all together. The only separation of Madden gamers should be the difficulty level, ie. how much automation is involved.

The Madden I am waiting for, is the one that I can play against the CPU or online head to head, right out of the box and be so over my head with football realism, I have to Google everything I can about real NFL strategy, to compete.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
One thing is sure: We all want Madden to be better. We simply differ on how.
This is the attitude I like, and this is what I would like to see more of around here. That's what this thread was made for - to encourage more constructive discussions aimed at making the game better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #72
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The thing is though, assuming Madden is trying to be a NFL simulation game, difficulty created by the game being more realistic should increase sales. Maybe I just misread some EA marketing ploy years ago but I think it has been said the goal is for Madden to be a NFL simulation game. I don't see why anyone buying the game should expect anything less than that.

I would not go out and buy NBA Jams and expect anything other then an arcade basketball game. Likewise, I don't feel Madden should be trying to do anything but be as realistic as possible, period. This whole idea of finding a balance between realism and fun, as if they are two separate goals in a simulation, that has been espoused by various developers, is what has kept Madden from being a quality NFL simulation, imo.

To make a simulation game more accessible to the masses, options should be included to automate the more difficult parameters, not watering down or removing those parameters all together. The only separation of Madden gamers should be the difficulty level, ie. how much automation is involved.

The Madden I am waiting for, is the one that I can play against the CPU or online head to head, right out of the box and be so over my head with football realism, I have to Google everything I can about real NFL strategy, to compete.

I agree with you, but we are not the masses.

While I would love the game to be as realistic as possible, I also understand that this isn't everyone's cup of tea. Even some that claim it is, haven't really thought it through lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »