Home

Why aren't people focused on improvement?

This is a discussion on Why aren't people focused on improvement? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 13
Why aren't people focused on improvement?

Seeing all the effort people put into discussing whether or not people should "hate" Madden has given me a thought. Why don't more people put more effort into discussing ways to improve the game? People expend huge amounts of energy here discussing the past or pointing out flaws, but it seems there is so little effort put into coming up with ideas that would make the game better. More importantly, it seems like there is very little effort put into refining or improving upon other people's ideas for the game. This community could easily be a hotbed of ideas for improving Madden, and yet the Wishlist section is a ghost town compared to other sections.
If people would take the energy they put towards bashing the game or discussing the past and turn it towards trying to improve what we have, we might end up with nothing to complain about.

What do you think? Should this community try to focus more on improving the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Why aren't people focused on improvement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Seeing all the effort people put into discussing whether or not people should "hate" Madden has given me a thought. Why don't more people put more effort into discussing ways to improve the game? People expend huge amounts of energy here discussing the past or pointing out flaws, but it seems there is so little effort put into coming up with ideas that would make the game better. More importantly, it seems like there is very little effort put into refining or improving upon other people's ideas for the game. This community could easily be a hotbed of ideas for improving Madden, and yet the Wishlist section is a ghost town compared to other sections.
If people would take the energy they put towards bashing the game or discussing the past and turn it towards trying to improve what we have, we might end up with nothing to complain about.

What do you think? Should this community try to focus more on improving the game?

Because it's easier to complain rather than to be constructive or offer legit solutions?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Pro

So you think it's just laziness?

It just bothers me when I see huge, but pointless discussions going on, and yet the Wishlist forum remains completely dead.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I think it's a lot of things. I think it's the nature of the internet and it's relative anonymity. I think it's the sense of entitlement some people have. I think there are people who simply like to complain for the sake of complaining.

Then you add in the people with agenda's based on the license fiasco, or the straight hatred of all things EA. I think for some it's become vogue to blindly criticize all things EA.

It's too bad. We have some people here who offer up solid solutions or have great idea's and they get drown out by all the white noise.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

This community was a hotbed of wishlists a few years ago.

Everyone wants something different and they want it yesterday. It could be presentation, it could be game play, it could be franchise, it could be online franchise, etc....

Everyone has a different opinion of what's important and what's not important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

It just bothers me when I see huge, but pointless discussions going on, and yet the Wishlist forum remains completely dead.
You tell us.

I've seen you discuss in many of those "pointless" discussion but even though I didn't have time to go through all your posts, I don't remember seeing any in the wishlist forum.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You tell us.

I've seen you discuss in many of those "pointless" discussion but even though I didn't have time to go through all your posts, I don't remember seeing any in the wishlist forum.
I probably have more posts in the wishlist forum than the vast majority of members here. I started two threads on the first page of that forum. Go check.
As for my part in the "pointless" discussions, I discuss anything I find interesting, but you'll find I always try to go out of my way to at least comment when someone has a good idea for improving the game.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Everyone wants something different and they want it yesterday. It could be presentation, it could be game play, it could be franchise, it could be online franchise, etc....

Everyone has a different opinion of what's important and what's not important.
Exactly! With so many different opinions, there should be tons of discussion of how best to improve the game. In my mind there should be a huge ongoing discussion somewhere about how best to improve different aspects of gameplay. There should be another about presentation. Another about franchise mode. Having a wide variety of opinions about what is important should be producing more discussion, not less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »