Home

Late penalty flags

This is a discussion on Late penalty flags within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Late penalty flags

One thing I think would be cool, and a very small addition would be late penalty calls. Mainly for pass interference, but I would rather see much more interference and holding calls on the defense than none at all. I think it would be cool to see players stop the play, have the defender cele and then show the ref throwing a penalty flag after. This is almost what happens anyways on most of the interference or holding calls on the defense. Wouldn't be a huge thing to put in, but definitely would define the game to be more authentic to the NFL. People will say, gameplay is everything, but this is just a small addition. What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Late penalty flags

Are there even late hits anymore? I remember back in Madden 2000 or 2001, you could move your player after a play and tackle an opposing player, resulting in a late hit.

Although I could see it being overused, it would also be cool to see helmet to helmet or spearing penalties. Maybe FS or SS with higher hit ratings would get more penalties or something. Harder hits = more fumbles but also more penalties. Just a thought.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes. Unnecessary roughness from a late hit is still in the game, or at least it was in Madden 10. I remember it very clearly from an online franchise game I had with a co-worker where I was driving to score the game winning score and was helped on my drive when he got frustrated and hit-sticked my receiver who was already out of bounds.

I laughed so hard because I had never seen that before in Madden and it helped me get a free first down.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Penalties have never been right in madden, you turn the holding slider up or clipping and it goes CRAZY and almost gets called every time, but when you have Def PI up full blast I might see it ONCE in about the entire time I play madden kind of like seeing a blocked punk or FG you never see it in madden. same with late hit on QB or kicker, it only ever happens if you try to do it which takes about 100 attemps! and false starts only happen to yourself if you fake snap to much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »