Home

The future of Madden: Who's with me?

This is a discussion on The future of Madden: Who's with me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
The future of Madden: Who's with me?

For years, gamers on this very forum have talked about successes (and failures) of sports games, the most popular being the Madden NFL Football franchise. Some have even gone as far as 'bashing' EA Sports for leaving out features, 'false advertising', and bugs/glitches.

With this year's edition of Madden, it seems the devs (for the first time) are listening to fan suggestions to put stuff in the game. DPP? All those Franchise additions? Gameplay additions? All Community-suggested.

In spite of this, many gamers STILL say EA doesn't do enough to improve their games from one year to the next, leaving us hardcore fans with a glitchy, unfinished game. I for one think EA has done a fabulous job with this year's Madden, however I'll need to play the game Aug. 30th to really be sure.

Now that EA is listening to us, I feel NOW is the time to suggest things to add to Madden 13, as I'm sure the devs are starting to plan (or even code) for that game.

The following link is Argooos' Complete Ongoing Madden Wishlist. I've decided to put this thread link in here not only because the suggestions are fabulous, but because the Wishlist forum's pretty much dead, so I wanted to put it here for more people to see.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042588347

I want people to put these suggestions on this site starting Aug. 30th. If we're quick enough we can catch a dev's attention and he *might* consider it for Madden 13.

Props to http://www.operationsports.com/Argooos/ for giving me the idea for this thread

Who's with me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: The future of Madden: Who's with me?

Wow I inspired someone

Awesome!

This is the second time someone has made my day in the past 3 hours.

Last edited by Argooos; 08-04-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Now wait,, yes it does look like it will be Good.. BUT lets wait until September 5th? or so, until people have a chance to really get into it and pick out the good and bad.. I am starting to worry, lots of people are over hyping this game BASED one the videos that have come out..
If its built up tooo much, then there is only one way to go,,, down.
Lets Just hope for the best!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Pro

If we wait too long, the developers will be too far along on the Madden 13 development cycles and our ideas might not make it into the game until Madden 14, if ever.

If we end up suggesting things that turn out to already be in Madden 12, then great! One less thing to worry about.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I can already tell you some of what they may have planned for Madden 13 based on interviews and articles I've read. I'll also make a few guesses/wishes. They are doubling their development team moving forward and Roy Harvey(exec producer of NCAA) is the executive producer of Madden now. Cam Weber is still the GM of EA football overall though, which is a great thing.

I would expect a major focus on gameplay, some kind of physics engine or something dealing with the movement of players. Maybe footplanting, maybe more than that.

Maybe HDR lighting, some sort of improvements in lighting

More detailed team intros or something along that line in presentation, Mike Young has mentioned wanting to get it to the point someday where you can go to your specific season ticket spot and see the game from that specific angle. M.Y. is a beast when it comes to presentation.

A new commentary engine-This is a guarantee, they bought it this year and will implement it starting next year. Mike Young talked about this in detail in a recent podcast, mainly talking about working on speech, pronunciation of players and team names, and getting things to sound natural.

New online franchise or improved online franchise that ties in with Online Communities. Playing Online Franchise with your community would be pretty sweet and I hope they go that direction with this new feature. Maybe Specator Mode brought in with Online Franchise also, I know they are talking about it.

New halftime show/probably some sort of franchise weekly show with a studio and highlights, again the new commentary engine should give us a much improved audio presentation for this and I'm pretty sure that's why they took it out this year. Just wanted to wait till they could do it right with the new engine.

Improvements to Franchise mode offline, maybe a draft presentation

Small improvements to Superstar mode

Some new feature for MUT

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-04-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
Pro

That all sounds great, so maybe we should focus our effort on suggestions to improve those specific areas.

I should also note that adembroski posted just yesterday that they are looking to re-work progression in the future, but I'm not certain if that means Madden 13 or some later edition of the game.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Wow I inspired someone

Awesome!

This is the second time someone has made my day in the past 3 hours.
Yea dude thank you so much!!!

I understand this thread is a tad bit early, I'm thinking of re-posting on Sept. 1st

I'll be suggesting stuff starting Sept 5th
Old 08-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

A new commentary engine-This is a guarantee, they bought it this year and will implement it starting next year. Mike Young talked about this in detail in a recent podcast, mainly talking about working on speech, pronunciation of players and team names, and getting things to sound natural.

New halftime show/probably some sort of franchise weekly show with a studio and highlights, again the new commentary engine should give us a much improved audio presentation for this and I'm pretty sure that's why they took it out this year. Just wanted to wait till they could do it right with the new engine.

maybe a draft presentation

this would be orgasmic to me....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »