Home

Madden ratings: the underlying problem

This is a discussion on Madden ratings: the underlying problem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden ratings: the underlying problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's hard to argue against this, lol.

However, they have to do something until the foundation of how progression is done changes. Like AJ stated in that quote Argoos posted, it's the best he could get done this year. Considering this is his first year at EA, I give him the benefit of the doubt and believe there will be something better for Madden 13.
Me too (with everything you said). I just want to be very clear about how I think progression "should be".
Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #34
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
This is highly disappointing and completely unrealistic. Realistic progression is never based on stats. There are a myriad of problems with this. The bench player that you are trying to groom doesn't improve because he doesn't get on the field much. Typically in madden the LE gets all the sacks and stats and the RE doesn't. The LE improves but the RE goes down. Stats never drives progression in the real world, progression drives stats. Stats based progression is completely backwards and unrealistic.
agreed. i never understood how you could have better numbers with the same attributes. if a player's attributes remain the same, then his performance should also remain the same.

say you rush for over 1300 yards with an 82 overall back. well now his attributes go up. but what's the point of trading for a higher rated back if you can rush for 1300 yards with an 82 back. and with this progression system the way it is, they're basically admitting that ratings really don't matter.

maybe they should hide all the ratings that way we could judge a player's ability based on his on the field performance. like they do in real life.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

Last edited by blklightning; 08-04-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #35
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am a big proponent of the APF2k8 style or rating players. Hidden ratings and special skills, etc.
i could dig that....however i think it would need to be a little bit larger in 2k8. just cuz going from 250 legends to 1500 nfl players
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »