Home

Madden NFL 12 Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
When did carries become a more relevant stat than yards? He came within two-hundredths of breaking Jim Brown's record for per carry average last year. If anything the fact that he didn't lead his team in carries and still put up the year he did should make his stats even more impressive.
We don't know if he's durable enough to shoulder the load as a full time back. If he can keep his average up and get 300 carries then I would put him at #1. It's difficult for me to believe that a guy should be 95 overall but was #2 on the depth chart last season.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #50
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
We don't know if he's durable enough to shoulder the load as a full time back. If he can keep his average up and get 300 carries then I would put him at #1. It's difficult for me to believe that a guy should be 95 overall but was #2 on the depth chart last season.
Charles was hardly #2 on the depth chart last season. Thomas Jones received a lot of carries in the garbage minutes at the end of games that were all but in the books. Thomas Jones was also the guy that would come in on most short yardage situations. He probably will never get 300 carries in a season not because he's not durable but because that's the way the Chiefs play and it's the reason they had the number one run offense last season.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 12 Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs

Whether your an every down back or splitting carries like Charles it doesn't affect your rating. Charles should have low fatigue or durability so he can't be an every down back but that doesn't bring down the rating I believe.

For my top 5 it would be AP, CJ, Charles, Foster, and Michael Turner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #52
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Foster should be there. But Charles is a UBER STUD and if you don't think so I don't know what your watching. Chris Johnson, Jamal Charles and ADP are clearly the 3 most explosive and game changing backs in the the NFL....no debate.

Steve Jackson is past his prime and Arian Foster should have bumped him out.

Ray Rice is primed for a monster year with McGahee, Mason and Heap gone. He is probably going to catch 70 plus balls this year to go along with his 1300 yards rushing.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Whether your an every down back or splitting carries like Charles it doesn't affect your rating. Charles should have low fatigue or durability so he can't be an every down back but that doesn't bring down the rating I believe.

For my top 5 it would be AP, CJ, Charles, Foster, and Michael Turner.
I would have Ray Rice over Turner. Now I know Rice had a let down season compared to his 2009 numbers. But that kid is a big time baller.

The rest is right in my eyes.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 7

Arguing about editable ratings is stupid. Foster had one good season and besides Andre Johnson he was pretty much the go to guy. Jamaal Charles wont have as many TDs because he didnt play in teh short ydg and goal line, Thomas Jones did. The top they gave is fine.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #55
Rookie

Chowdah's Arena

OVR: 1

Charles is not a starter because we want to to keep him healthy. Rb's take the most punishment most starting backs have about 4 good years until there skills start falling. Arian foster should be on this list just cause he was so beast in 2010
210 fires brigade
579fsc
6 months till come back home

HOOOAH!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Stats over last 2 seasons:

Arian Foster
381 car. - 1873 yds. 19 TD, 4.8 avg.

Jamaal Charles
420 car. - 2587 yds. 12 TD, 6.1 avg.

End of Debate.
Not really. Foster played like 4 games his first season and actually played just as good as he did his 2nd season which was his breakout year.
Averaging 4.8 ypc

and the last two games were the two games he became a featured back and had 100 yards for both.

So no, that's not the end of the debate. Because Charles played much more his rookie season and it seems to me that every single time Foster is given the chance he produces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Arguing about editable ratings is stupid. Foster had one good season and besides Andre Johnson he was pretty much the go to guy. Jamaal Charles wont have as many TDs because he didnt play in teh short ydg and goal line, Thomas Jones did. The top they gave is fine.
Another thing. Yes Foster had one good season, but can it be realized that he has not had a bad season? When people say that "he had one good season." It makes it sound like the vet player that had mediocre seasons before and then just got put in the right situation.

That's not Foster. Every time they give him a chance he produces. There is a reason a guy goes from being undrafted and getting no PT to starting in one year and leading the NFL in rushing.

Last edited by Fiasco West; 08-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »