Home

Madden 12 PS3 CPU vs CPU mode injuries

This is a discussion on Madden 12 PS3 CPU vs CPU mode injuries within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden 12 PS3 CPU vs CPU mode injuries

Anyone know if you run a cpu vs cpu season doesn it have injuries? Past versions didn't TY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 12 PS3 CPU vs CPU mode injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake65
Anyone know if you run a cpu vs cpu season doesn it have injuries? Past versions didn't TY
I e-mailed Phil Frazier about this during E3 and he said he got some of the EA guys there to test it and he said they saw one in the second half of a game...so he suggested that this had been fixed.

See:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=488221

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited by Ninjoid; 08-05-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
Rookie

TY....thats sounds like great news! I will wait of course till there is more hands on but I enjoy this mode with regular play. I enjoy sitting back and watching the AI unfold and injuries add to the experieince.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OK...anyone play the full version at home that can comment on cpu vs cpu mode. Injuries? Is the game speed slowed down with cut scenes? TY
Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Snake - I relented and got the 360 pass so downloaded...getting the PS3 copy next week (UK)....Injuries are in cpu v cpu mode, the only problem you don't see the screen pop of what the injury is and how serious it is...but you see the cut scence.

As for game speed, it is dramatically slowed down by not having the ability to skip through the cut scenes...the only cut scenes that we can skip past are straight after a kick or a penalty.

I'm playing 15min qtr in franchise mode and getting good results and accurate number of plays...I've only managed to get in 2 games since this afternoon as it does take a long time to watch a game and I've been fiddling with various options. That said, both games were good, Packers beating the Panthers 24-21 and the Steelers beating the Ravens 12-3 in a defensive battle.

My main concern, as Bcruise pointed out, is the pass rush and the number of sacks...I'm tweaking with the sliders to try and gain a better balance...otherwise gameplay for this mode is very good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks Ninjoid! Just to clear one thing up. After a play do you see a player go down? I understand there is no pop up saying "Cutler has a bruised..." but do you see a player hurt after the play?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake65
Thanks Ninjoid! Just to clear one thing up. After a play do you see a player go down? I understand there is no pop up saying "Cutler has a bruised..." but do you see a player hurt after the play?
Yes, you do usually see the cut scene so you know there is an injury or the majority of the time an injury timeout is called.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Snake - I relented and got the 360 pass so downloaded...getting the PS3 copy next week (UK)....Injuries are in cpu v cpu mode, the only problem you don't see the screen pop of what the injury is and how serious it is...but you see the cut scence.

As for game speed, it is dramatically slowed down by not having the ability to skip through the cut scenes...the only cut scenes that we can skip past are straight after a kick or a penalty.

I'm playing 15min qtr in franchise mode and getting good results and accurate number of plays...I've only managed to get in 2 games since this afternoon as it does take a long time to watch a game and I've been fiddling with various options. That said, both games were good, Packers beating the Panthers 24-21 and the Steelers beating the Ravens 12-3 in a defensive battle.

My main concern, as Bcruise pointed out, is the pass rush and the number of sacks...I'm tweaking with the sliders to try and gain a better balance...otherwise gameplay for this mode is very good.
Thats good to know Ninjoid!

Man I am going into football withdraw right now, I am about to give in and just buy the game...I mean it has to be better than madden 10 (last madden I've had) and the gameplay has to be miles better than NFL head coach right? heck the last football game I really enjoyed in this mode was NCAA07 for PS2...Has to be better than that right?

With 15 min quarters, what game speed are you using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »