Home

Will(does) madden have the same AI quirks and CPU tendencies as NCAA?

This is a discussion on Will(does) madden have the same AI quirks and CPU tendencies as NCAA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Will(does) madden have the same AI quirks and CPU tendencies as NCAA?

So ive hardly played Madden since this generation started because of its horrible franchise mode. I am planning to come back to it this year since it seems like they finally made it worth my while, but im a bit scared.

I remembered playing 09(08 maybe? which one came with NFL head coach) and thinking it would be a great game if the franchise mode had been up to par. But it was bad so i moved on to other games. Were finally just now 4 years later getting a revamped franchise mode, so i have spent most of my time since with NCAA. However im getting tired of the AI quirks in NCAA, the mirror coverage, the cheating defensive backs, the super linebackers, the lead blockers that cant aim, the CPUs playcalling (which i guess wont be a problem with game planning).

My question is, for those who play both and pay attention to the way the cpu AI and the sliders, etc work, how similar is the game play now adays? I know back in the day (im talking NCAA 98!)the games were almost identical
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Will(does) madden have the same AI quirks and CPU tendencies as NCAA?

65 views and no one has played both and can accurately comment on its differences?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
65 views and no one has played both and can accurately comment on its differences?
I have played both every year including NCAA 12 and Madden 12. Every year I would say they are 2 completely different games (besides the obvious). NCAA 11 and 12 have had their bugs and the unbelievable coverage in NCAA 11 was pretty cheap until the 1st patch. I have never seen that coverage issue in any of the Madden editions (including this year). Madden has tightened up coverage times 1000 this year but in no way does it feel cheap. It feels very balanced and just like in the NFL, if you force passes into coverage or don't anticipate. an opening in the zone you will pay dearly.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I don't have NCAA but I felt bad for you and decided to post.....

Anyway based off what I READ from others the games are similar but not exact. You may anticipate some of the same problems but it's not a given that a problem with one shows on another.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »