Home

Customization

This is a discussion on Customization within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Customization

CCC: How deep is the customization this time around? What kind of new things have been added?

MY: Customization isn't a big focus this year. I definitely think it'll be a bigger focus down the line, but we still have Create-a-Team, Create-a-Player, Create-a-Stadium; they all function with all of our game modes. But we didn't really put a lot of effort into improving those this year, unfortunately.

Sad to see we will be playing with the same crapy Create-a-team/player this year.......maybe next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
CCC: How deep is the customization this time around? What kind of new things have been added?

MY: Customization isn't a big focus this year. I definitely think it'll be a bigger focus down the line, but we still have Create-a-Team, Create-a-Player, Create-a-Stadium; they all function with all of our game modes. But we didn't really put a lot of effort into improving those this year, unfortunately.

Sad to see we will be playing with the same crapy Create-a-team/player this year.......maybe next year
I'd like the stadium upgrades list to actually mean/do something. I added a "fan wall"?

You never see these things.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Heroiczero13's Arena

OVR: 13

Well this stinks. I loved the customization stuff and wanted to see more of it. Well I liked the last gen better, but I'm fine with the new stuff, at least its there. But yeah, it would be nice for the stadium stuff to actually matter. I've suggested it before, but would there be some way they could utilize the teambuilder stuff from NCAA? I mean you couldnt just copy and paste it, but they should be able to make that work, and it would be so much easier for everyone involved.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Sucks about create a player but with the expanded rosters we shouldnt need to create to many players this year I hope
Old 08-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

I wish we still had customizable menus so we could have players from our favorite team show up instead of the cover athlete
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm on board here too. I'm totally ignorant about what goes into making a game so forgive me if I sound like a repetitive idiot but:
1. I'm dumbfounded that easy, low memory stuff that was in last gen (on inferior systems) is missing now in next gen.
2. I'm annoyed that you can't build new stadiums for you teams without moving them (although recently I've been reading it may have something to do with the licensing agreement - so maybe not their fault - but you could do it in old gen).
3. You can't take a few minutes and improve the logos on create a team? They are the lamest things I've ever seen! A baboon???!!!!???? A chess piece???!!!????? TWo chess pieces!!!???? Jiminy Crickets folks....
Ok the shark logos and some others are decent but man....some of them....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I
3. You can't take a few minutes and improve the logos on create a team? They are the lamest things I've ever seen! A baboon???!!!!???? A chess piece???!!!????? TWo chess pieces!!!???? Jiminy Crickets folks....
Ok the shark logos and some others are decent but man....some of them....
I'm with you there. The nice thing about the PC version was you just had to create the .bmp files and you could have whatever artwork you wanted. That's great if you want to create a custom/fantasy team, or simply give real teams a different look. Customization is a big part of the fun.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

This is one of the areas I feel EA on from a business stand point. While I believe all the customization they are able to add in relation to game play should be done, I understand that detailed customization has to be balanced.

If not, it would be really easy for people to customize their Madden 12 to the point where, a large percentage of the Madden community might feel there is no need to buy another Madden until 2013 or beyond. LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »