Home

I wish Madden had a feature call " turn back the clock ".

This is a discussion on I wish Madden had a feature call " turn back the clock ". within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Rookie

bucsman80's Arena

OVR: 2
I wish Madden had a feature call " turn back the clock ".

What if Factor in the Game.The Albilties to go back in time and plays a Super Bowl game. Maybe even start Franchise mode in the 1980's. I know roster names would be a big issue, I think it could a cool addition to the game. I've been playing Madden since '89, before that it was temco bowl. I remember could get old team card, (Like '72 Dolphins) able to play with. Any thought please share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I wish Madden had a feature call " turn back the clock ".

NBA 2k has gone this route the last 2 years and a lot of people seem to eat it up so i'm sure there is a market for it. I just personally hope it doesn't come to Madden any time soon. I couldn't care less about historic games, teams, or players, and honestly Madden is in no position to add extra things like this when the gameplay and modes already in the game still leave so much to be desired.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The way the roster part of it could be solved would if EA would allow Madden to have team builder. But because of the lawsuit the retired players had agaist EA a few years back about using their likeness in madden for years and not paying them for it. EA decided not to do teambuilder for Madden like NCAA11 and 12 had. But far as doing past SBs. It would be a nice idea. But for now the focus really needs to be more on the gameplay, presentation, and other stuff like that in the game before worrying about something like that.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Classic teams would work best as DLC. Those classic players and coaches won't be free. To do it right and make it worth EA time and effort it would have to be paid DLC. I would love to play as some of the best 49ers teams. Or Pit the 89 Niners vrs. the 99 Rams.

I would hope these Classic teams would be available online. Instead of feeling like you have to use the eagles to compete online you could choose from the greatest teams from the past. And for many it would allow them to compete online with their favorite teams, when the current version has fallen on hard times. I think this would be a great addition to Madden, and could make EA some money in the process.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

What would be really cool is if you could start a franchise say in 1989 during the offseason. The draft and all future drafts would have the correct players who were in each class. It would sort of be like re-writing history... Heck I would even love if they gave us the ability to start in the offseason in our current madden, where we could re-do the draft and free agency
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

I love the idea, but I can't imagine EA spending the money to get the rights for retired players.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

While it does seem to work in other sport games such as (Basketball,Baseball and Boxing) I really don't want Ea to work that into Madden until we have a 100% great football game with great gameplay and such.

After Madden gets to where it should be I say yes let them add in some of the really old teams.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
What would be really cool is if you could start a franchise say in 1989 during the offseason. The draft and all future drafts would have the correct players who were in each class. It would sort of be like re-writing history... Heck I would even love if they gave us the ability to start in the offseason in our current madden, where we could re-do the draft and free agency
They did this with NFL Head Coach a couple years ago. It was a cool aspect. We will have the opportunity to redo free agency to an extent because the game wont have close to current rosters when it ships.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »