Home

I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around

This is a discussion on I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Everyone is entitled to say what they want but I don't understand comments like these. Somebody makes a thread expressing they think EA is turning around and of course others will disagree. That's life.

It's not like there is overwhelming historic evidence to support what the OP thinks versus the other side. In fact, a strong argument can be made that historical evidence leans towards the OP being wrong.

Every reasonable gamer that wants a NFL football game to enjoy, hopes that the OP is right and NFL football represented in Madden will continue to consistently improve going forward, as long as they are the only NFL game available.

That said, it makes rational sense for anyone to think EA still will not turn it around considering the pattern of some steps forward and more steps back, the past 6 years.
It's not really the people who disagree, moreso the people who flame everything about ea in general in every thread. I think Ea is turning it around and it looks like a solid football game.
I just wonder why the people who bash ea saying madden is the worst football game ever made and say that they havent made any improvements in the past 6 years still buy the game. It's their fault for buying it more than once not Ea's as the old idiom says.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

They still lacking in the presentation dept. No half-time show still and the in-game stats banner are they same as last year. They only talk about in-game stats. Nothing about career, player comparisons, league leaders...etc. If u want to see a decent display of stats in-game, look at MLB2k11 and NBA2k11. It really adds to the immersion. Madden is a beautiful game, but its still lacking in certain areas.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkyyyyy
It's not really the people who disagree, moreso the people who flame everything about ea in general in every thread. I think Ea is turning it around and it looks like a solid football game.
I just wonder why the people who bash ea saying madden is the worst football game ever made and say that they havent made any improvements in the past 6 years still buy the game. It's their fault for buying it more than once not Ea's as the old idiom says.
I am sure there is not much I can say on this topic that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseum but this talk of EA bashing on OS, is greatly exaggerated, imo. Aside from the very rare "ea sucks", which is quickly followed by a well deserved warning or ban, most posts, negative or positive, are reasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #12
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I am sure there is not much I can say on this topic that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseum but this talk of EA bashing on OS, is greatly exaggerated, imo. Aside from the very rare "ea sucks", which is quickly followed by a well deserved warning or ban, most posts, negative or positive, are reasonable.
Blind denial.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #13
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

All I wanted was a deep franchise mode and we are finally getting it, so I'm happy.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

I think it is wishful thinking by the OP. I have given them too many chances so now I expect the worst so that I am not disappointed. I am sure if you check the NCAA thread before it was released, you will find post stating the same....people thinking EA had finally got it together and if you check it now, that thread has a lot of frustrated posts. In my most humble opinion I think EA is all about profit due to the fact they dont have competition so I dont think they are putting their best foot forward. I think back in the day when they had comp, they may have sacrificed profit goals to be sure they put out a dang near perfect game. I dont remember the older Maddens and NCAAs releasing with the bugs the last few have released with. Its just like players fighting for a roster spot...competition will bring out the best in people. If you are guaranteed your spot, some people tend to get lax and I think that is what happened here.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Why do you feel those rules are in place?

It's more than you think, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Blind denial.
Indeed. While the question at hand is certainly up for debate, the notion that the blind EA hate is minimal is not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »