Home

I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around

This is a discussion on I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around

OS has become so defensive about Madden (it is not like this on any other forum) that the madden supporters are just as bad the the madden bashers with the only difference being defending doesnt get you banned so there are many more supporters. Any actual question gets met with dozens of people who just have to prove that the OP has some sort of agenda even when what the OP is referring is a video release by EA. There are people who would like to discuss things above ratings, helmets and shoes.

Anyway, to the point of the thread. Do I think EA is turning it around? Yes..but not nearly fast enough and they should officially apologize to their fans for failing them for so long. For every step forward they seem to take 2 steps back. They add a feature just to remove it the next year. They work on one aspect of the game just to completely ignore another.

I have never understood why it seems they can only work on 1 aspect of the game at a time. They add stuff to franchise mode just to completely ignore online franchise. So turning it around? Yea but lets not forget its been 6ish years for us to get to this level.

The problem with Madden is this. If we were in a vacuum with no other video games it would be a fairly good game, the problem is that every other video game has suppressed it greatly making it seem extremely dated. Fifa, NHL, NBA 2k, MLB The Show, Pro Evo.....these games seem to have made clear jumps in advancement. Madden and NCAA feel like a game that was great in 2008.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood

Madden and NCAA feel like a game that was great in 2008.
Really? Other thread said you didn't play NCAA at all.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Par for the course.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
See you are in my opinion the perfect example of what confuses me about OS. To me, you are a troll through and through. I have seen you intentional try to derail threads but since you are firmly in the madden supporter bandwagon you will never get banned for it. I have seen you attack people, I have seen you misrepresent and contort the intentions of a OP so you can try and prove they have some sort of agenda.

Ah well,

Anyway, to your point, I have never played NCAA that a quote from a NCAA review that a read when it first came out.

Quote:
It's a decent football sim thanks to its excellent Dynasty Mode; and the new tackling physics, custom playbooks, and other features are sorely needed additions. But we're deep into this generation, and expectations have been raised for sports games (and pretty much everything else). So why does it feel like I'm playing a game that should have come out in 2008?
And from another review

Quote:
If you focus on the on-field action, NCAA Football 12 is a great experience. Whether you play against the computer or challenge friends, it's incredibly fun to pull off a successful Hail Mary or sack the quarterback on a critical third down. Sadly, the other modes and features are riddled with problems, and the dusty visuals lag behind the other current football games on the market. Although NCAA 12 is far from a complete experience, it's worth putting up with the off-field problems to get to the exciting action. NCAA Football 12 is a disappointing entry in this venerable franchise, but it's still a fine game if you're itching for some amateur action.

From the review it seems like a solid game with no actual innovation...thanks again for derailing a thread with useless and pointless questions that have nothing to do with the OP question/comment.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Blind denial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Indeed. While the question at hand is certainly up for debate, the notion that the blind EA hate is minimal is not.
I get that this is an internet forum and various words get bantered around out of context sometimes but "denial" is a bit much. lol

I am not refusing to face the fact that blind EA hate exists, I just disagree with running rampant in the Madden forums on OS. If you guys are referring to many years ago before I began following this forum then I can't speak to that. However, for the past couple years or so, that I have been "lurking" around, it is greatly exaggerated, to the point of "throwing the baby out with the bath water", much to often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I get that this is an internet forum and various words get bantered around out of context sometimes but "denial" is a bit much. lol

I am not refusing to face the fact that blind EA hate exists, I just disagree with running rampant in the Madden forums on OS. If you guys are referring to many years ago before I began following this forum then I can't speak to that. However, for the past couple years or so, that I have been "lurking" around, it is greatly exaggerated, to the point of "throwing the baby out with the bath water", much to often.
I quite simply disagree. It's to the point where a valid conversation about issues with the game simply get overwhelmed with white noise and if you have a positive comment then look out Maybe it's just me.

I think a lot of the criticism is more than fair, but it's tough to discuss sometimes because of this.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #23
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood
OS has become so defensive about Madden (it is not like this on any other forum) that the madden supporters are just as bad the the madden bashers with the only difference being defending doesnt get you banned so there are many more supporters. Any actual question gets met with dozens of people who just have to prove that the OP has some sort of agenda even when what the OP is referring is a video release by EA.
Truth. Blind hate and blind love are equally as bad, just on the opposite ends. For every irrational ***** I've seen here there's an irrational supporter.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #24
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

This whole ea bashing thing has gotten old. I love madden and always will. Just don't understand why people have to analyze every single thing and if its wrong or if they missed something there's this "ea sucks" or my favorite "I'm never buying madden again". But please just stop. Madden is the only NFL game we have right now. If you don't like it, don't buy it simple as that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »