Home

I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around

This is a discussion on I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: I Really Think EA Is Turning It Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
But they are still told to either "learn how to play the game, stop being lazy" or "just don't buy it and stop complaining/posting". I see this all the time.
I don't see the first example all that often, and it's in no way, shape or form at the same volume as the people who are criticizing simply to criticize. I think some of the worst offenders might not even have the game, and they are simply gleening complaints from other threads and then augmenting the complaint.

For the just don't buy the game crowd, I kind of get that. At least for the people who repeat the same problems over and over again, in every thread, even if that thread is unrelated, or for the crowd where you knew they weren't going to like the game before it was released, yet they continue to pile on.

Do I think either of those replies are particularly appropriate? No. But for the people who obviously are pushing an agenda, or are simply repeating themselves for the sake of repeating themselves, I understand the don't buy the game argument.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 25
Madden is still so far behind where it should be....better? Meh...just another madden to me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't see the first example all that often.
Almost every TNT post, and then some.

Quote:
and it's in no way, shape or form at the same volume as the people who are criticizing simply to criticize.
But the second example does have the same volume. Posters are constantly being told to stop complaining on legitimate gripes.

Quote:
For the just don't buy the game crowd, I kind of get that. At least for the people who repeat the same problems over and over again, in every thread, even if that thread is unrelated, or
I think your pigeon holing when it happens. It happens even when a thread is started with a legitimate gripe. And I think legitimate gripes should be repeated so word gets back to the developer how unhappy customers are with the problem.

Quote:
for the crowd where you knew they weren't going to like the game before it was released, yet they continue to pile on.
The crowd that knows they won't get the game probably has legitimate gripes. That's probably why they are NOT getting the game. They should still be allowed and encouraged to voice why they won't buy it. I'll probably buy it this year, but I haven't been on this new console. I still had legitimate gripes. Why shouldn't I be letting Madden devs know via OS why I have NOT been buying the game? It's the ONLY NFL GAME IN TOWN. I have no alternative. It's not like I can go and get a different NFL game. The only chance I have is to let it be known why I have not been buying it. That's legit to do, even though I don't buy it. I just don't understand your reasoning for "don't complain if your not going to buy".

Quote:
Do I think either of those replies are particularly appropriate? No. But for the people who obviously are pushing an agenda, or are simply repeating themselves for the sake of repeating themselves, I understand the don't buy the game argument.
See, you see agenda, I see legitimate complaint. There lies the problem. You see blind hate where it does not exist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Almost every TNT post, and then some.
i don't know what a TNT post is.

Quote:
But the second example does have the same volume. Posters are constantly being told to stop complaining on legitimate gripes.
I see it, but don't see it anywhere near the same volume.

Quote:
I think your pigeon holing when it happens. It happens even when a thread is started with a legitimate gripe. And I think legitimate gripes should be repeated so word gets back to the developer how unhappy customers are with the problem.
So you think repeating legitimate gripes over and over again even in threads that have nothing to do with them will motivate the dev's more? All it does is clutter and detrail other topics. Nor do we need 50 threads all on the same compaint.

Quote:
The crowd that knows they won't get the game probably has legitimate gripes. That's probably why they are NOT getting the game. They should still be allowed and encouraged to voice why they won't buy it. I'll probably buy it this year, but I haven't been on this new console. I still had legitimate gripes. Why shouldn't I be letting Madden devs know via OS why I have NOT been buying the game? It's the ONLY NFL GAME IN TOWN. I have no alternative. It's not like I can go and get a different NFL game. The only chance I have is to let it be known why I have not been buying it. That's legit to do, even though I don't buy it. I just don't understand your reasoning for "don't complain if your not going to buy".
How can you really gripe about issues if haven't experienced them? If you let them know why you are not buying the game, that's fine. But there are some issues that there's some disagreement on the severity or in some cases the legitimacy of them. Then we got people who don't even have the game piling on to those issues as if they are in the know. Or worse yet people piling on about it as if it happened to them, but they don't even have the game.

Quote:
See, you see agenda, I see legitimate complaint. There lies the problem. You see blind hate where it does not exist.
I've got 5 years experience as an admin here that disagrees with that. There are people who want to discuss legit issues, in a civil manner, those people are not who I am talking about. If you believe there's not a group here pushing an agenda, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. They aren't the majority, but they know who they are, and they are quite vocal, and quite intent on derailing legit discussions.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #53
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree this is the first time Ive been excited about all the new stuff in madden for about 7 years. I think this is going to be like a whole new game
Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
So you think repeating legitimate gripes over and over again even in threads that have nothing to do with them will motivate the dev's more? All it does is clutter and detrail other topics. Nor do we need 50 threads all on the same compaint.
You said the griping happens in unrelated threads. I said you're pigeon holing when it happens. And threads do take twists and turns. A complaint can be related to something someone has already said in the thread.

Quote:
How can you really gripe about issues if haven't experienced them?
Simple. You read about the issues in previews on sites (such as OS), you read about what EA has not put in the game from press releases from EA themselves. You watch videos that are posted. It's called research. Why do you have to experience the problem only through owning the game in order to have a problem with the game? Again, you see ***** when I see legitimate complaint. I can only have a legitimate complaint if I own the game? I can only be dissatisfied with the lack of off line franchise if I own the game?

Quote:
I've got 5 years experience as an admin here that disagrees with that. There are people who want to discuss legit issues, in a civil manner, those people are not who I am talking about.
I almost hesitate to say this, cause just typing it out sounds mean. I don't mean it that way. I've seen you in threads and I'm glad you're not an admin anymore cause I really believe you see agenda far too often over legitimate complaints.

Quote:
If you believe there's not a group here pushing an agenda, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. They aren't the majority, but they know who they are, and they are quite vocal, and quite intent on derailing legit discussions.
I believe far to often you see agenda when I see legitimate complaint. It's happened in many threads. Sure there are some that have an agenda. I've seen you throw out "agenda" over complaints I actually agree with. You've used "agenda" with me. And if you think legitimate complaints don't get hassled by the fanboys just as often, then I'll sell the bridge right back to ya.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-08-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
I agree this is the first time Ive been excited about all the new stuff in madden for about 7 years. I think this is going to be like a whole new game
This is the first time that I've been cautiously optimistic about it. There is a chance that they may finally be where they were 7 years ago, and in some features have exceeded where they were 7 years ago. I've pretty much decided that I give this year a chance with an actual purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
You said the griping happens in unrelated threads. I said you're pigeon holing when it happens. And threads do take twists and turns. A complaint can be related to something someone has already said in the thread.
I don't see your point.

Quote:
Simple. You read about the issues in previews on sites (such as OS), you read about what EA has not put in the game from press releases from EA themselves. You watch videos that are posted. It's called research. Why do you have to experience the problem only through owning the game in order to have a problem with the game? Again, you see ***** when I see legitimate complaint. I can only have a legitimate complaint if I own the game? I can only be dissatisfied with the lack of off line franchise if I own the game?
I simply disagree.

Quote:
I almost hesitate to say this, cause just typing it out sounds mean. I don't mean it that way. I've seen you in threads and I'm glad you're not an admin anymore cause I really believe you see agenda far too often over legitimate complaints.

I believe far to often you see agenda when I see legitimate complaint. It's happened in many threads. Sure that are some that have an agenda. I've seen you throw out "agenda" over complaints I actually agree with. You've used "agenda" with me. And if you think legitimate complaints don't get hassled by the fanboys just as often, then I'll sell the bridge right back to ya.
It's not mean. I wouldn't want to be an admin anymore either. Hence I am not. But I can tell you, quite simply on this you are wrong. No plainer way of saying it. If you want to disagree, I am ok with that, but until you've been on the other side of the fence, and seen the things that go on behind the scenes, and have put that kind of time in, you simply can't possibly know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »